Uma Rim E.R.D.?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Uma Rim E.R.D.?

mtbr member

Uma Rim E.R.D.?

Does anyone know the E.R.D of the Uma 50mm rims? Thanks

Diaskeuast
    No, but I know the ERD of an Oprah rim. It's huge.

Uma, Oprah. Oprah, Uma.

Fatback

Erd

Quote Originally Posted by Big Karma
    No, but I know the ERD of an Oprah rim. It's huge.

Uma, Oprah. Oprah, Uma.
    Karma, you are the man! That is exactly how I named them-50's Uma, 100's Oprah. I passed this by people and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Us old dudes are the only Letterman fans. Anyway, that is the origin. By the way, nobody asked about Oprah's ERD, but Uma's is 536. We're like this.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by thirstywork
    Karma, you are the man! That is exactly how I named them-50's Uma, 100's Oprah.
    You actually named them the Uma and the Oprah? That's awesome! Now my old, stolen joke is even funnier. I didn't expect many people to understand it.

Speaking of being old and making strange connections, I've wondered for a long time if I'm the only person who thinks Large Marge rims were named for the female trucker in "Peewee's Big Adventure."

Fatback
    You actually named them the Uma and the Oprah? That's awesome! Now my old, stolen joke is even funnier. I didn't expect many people to understand it.

Speaking of being old and making strange connections, I've wondered for a long time if I'm the only person who thinks Large Marge rims were named for the female trucker in "Peewee's Big Adventure."
    It was on a night just like tonight...

Grillin' & Chillin'

David Letterman Oprah Fued

I can remember watching the awards show (Academy Awards?) when David Letterman originally said that. Howard Stern was on David Letterman the other night and the two of them were discussing the supposed fued between Dave and Oprah. Howard told Dave that his "Uma, Oprah - Uma, Oprah" comment was the whole reason for the fued. It was hilarious.

It may be a tough call, determining which rides better "Uma, Oprah - Uma, Oprah". All I knows is that from my last couple weeks of being a Fatback owner and over 300 miles in the saddle with Oprah, Oprah definitely rides better than Nokian Extreme.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

mtbr member
    May 2006

LOL ! Thats right ! I almost forgot about the Peewee Herman connection. Now I am going to have to rent that just for shits and giggles.

Beware of Doggerel

Are they named for something else? Honestly I've always assumed they were named after the trucker in Pee Wee's adventure, never even gave it a second thought or considered it a "strange connection". But then I am sitting here rocking out to a Polka tune about flying saucers as I write this, so I may not be the best judge of what is a strange connection.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

Caveman
    you guys are weird.

Fatback
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Are they named for something else? Honestly I've always assumed they were named after the trucker in Pee Wee's adventure, never even gave it a second thought or considered it a "strange connection". But then I am sitting here rocking out to a Polka tune about flying saucers as I write this, so I may not be the best judge of what is a strange connection.

Adam
    Gettin down with the Schmingie Brothers, are you Adam? Or was it Frankie Yankovich's "Who stoled the Keeshka?"

Grillin' & Chillin'

Leutonian Polka Stars

Quote Originally Posted by thirstywork
    Gettin down with the Schmingie Brothers, are you Adam? Or was it Frankie Yankovich's "Who stoled the Keeshka?"
    Just to set you straight, Greg....

Yosh Shmenge (John Candy) and Stan Shmenge (Eugene Levy) are the finest Leutonian polka stars in the history of the world. Whether serving up delicious "Cabbage Rolls and Coffee" (mmm, mmm, good!), or saluting the songs of John Williams in full Superman regalia, Yosh and Stan reigned supreme until their Last Polka.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Fatback
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsk8_ak
    Just to set you straight, Greg....

Yosh Shmenge (John Candy) and Stan Shmenge (Eugene Levy) are the finest Leutonian polka stars in the history of the world. Whether serving up delicious "Cabbage Rolls and Coffee" (mmm, mmm, good!), or saluting the songs of John Williams in full Superman regalia, Yosh and Stan reigned supreme until their Last Polka.
    Damned Speedsk8,

We missed our calling. Can you imagine me in that suit with an accordian and a red codpiece-Cameo style?" Word Up" or "Candy" on the buttonbox. Damned Right.
    Too bad Ken Hurley's not around for that. Oh, don't think I haven't had my share of cabbage rolls (halupkies) and parogies. Coming from a Czech family, that sh*t is in our blood.

Members who have read this thread: 0