Turnagain Arm Info Needed!- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Turnagain Arm Info Needed!

I wanted to know if there is a bike trail “Paved” that is suitable for towing a little munchkin in a trailer with out having to get out onto the road. If so where can I gain access to it?

Thanks, Manny

Ologist
    I think the first access is at Indian and then it gets boken just past Bird creek before Beluga and then starts at Beluga and goes to Girdwood. They are supoosedly connecting the whole thing sometime in the furture. I would take the munchkin to beluga and head towards Girdwood.

Diaskeuast

Go for it

The trail is solid all the way from Indian to Girdwood. You'll have no problems towing your kiddo. The only minor barrier a couple of weekends ago was a small pile of avalanche debris across the trail just outside of Girdwood. You can easily walk the bike over it. It's just snow and dirt -- no tree limbs, etc.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Jul 2006
    As per the Doctors orders
    Dr. Tim prescribes a dose of road bike. Take liberally as needed. Symptoms of impatience should subside within 24 hours. Side effects may include increased weariness, premature seasonal fitness and excessive smiling.
    It is no road bike, but it will do! I took my trusty winter companion and decided to give her a set of slicks and call her my chariot.

The little munchkin and I made it down there today and we had a great time. The weather was just perfect and very enjoyable. The munchkin really enjoyed it especially some of the longer hills. I on the other hand kept thinking on how much that is going to hurt getting back up.

Thanks once again guys for the info.
    Later Manny
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0