Tubless Tire for Alaska Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tubless Tire for Alaska Trails

Looking for a good tubeless / UST tire for Alaska trails. I have a UST wheelset I need a front and rear tire for.

Must be greater than 2.3" and able to shed mud. I hate tires that pack up and turn into slicks.

Would be nice if I could find them locally but willing to mail order if need be.

Thanks!
    Save the Trails: http://www.imba.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Racing Ralphs

Quote Originally Posted by mtbike_AK
    Looking for a good tubeless / UST tire for Alaska trails. I have a UST wheelset I need a front and rear tire for.

Must be greater than 2.3" and able to shed mud. I hate tires that pack up and turn into slicks.

Would be nice if I could find them locally but willing to mail order if need be.

Thanks!
    Racing Ralph 2.4s are fantastic for local terrain and hold air well with Stans. No clue if they work with a "real" tubeless rim.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info, but I am looking for a "real" UST / Tubeless tire.
    Save the Trails: http://www.imba.com

Ologist
    I use the Nevegal UST. although hey are 2.1s or something, their volume makes them more like a 2.3. I think thy are great in the dry stuff and a little sloppy in the mud. My buddy doesn't like how they handle in the dry, but I think they are the best I have found for AK. My weirwolves were really slow - curious to see how those new wtbs are.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

"Tubeless" for weight reduction, and relaiabilty

I've been kicking the idea around about going tubeless too on my new all mountain MTB. I was just wondering what the pros and cons were. I hear its very time consuming in the setup, but once you get it setup, it's all good from there. I was going to use "real" UST / Tubeless tires, but on a regular wheelset...
    Does anyone know what it cost to make the switch? Do you carrier an extra tube or two went you are out on the trail, just in case?
    I read a lot of DH racers are going "Tubeless" for weight reduction, and relaiabilty.
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Members who have read this thread: 0