Troopers Are Mystified- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Troopers Are Mystified

This morning at approximately 0700 hours, a Kodak digital camera took a meaningless plunge out of the back of an open CamelBack somewhere along the Coastal Trail. While it is probable that the victim was intercepted by a transient cult and will never be seen again, if it is sited, please shoot me a PM.
    Ever Hopeful
    Sir Monks

No, that's not phonetic
    A friend of mine just found a digital camera on one of our trails down here in Kodiak that I had dropped about 6 weeks ago. Needless to say, it was a frozen brick by the time it was recovered and it had gone through a few snow storms, freeze-thaw cycles, and a critter chewed the strap off. It's sitting on top of the boiler now and will stay there a week before I put the battery back in and see if it fires up. Here's to hoping...
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    When my kid threw one of our phones in a bucket of soapy water, I took it apart as much as I could and dropped it in a bowl of rubbing alcohol. I thought the alcohol would displace the water and then just evaporate. I think the soap messed things up. I tried the same thing with my cell phone when a bottle of water in my wifes purse came open and soaked it and it works for the most part...the camera no longer works but that thing sucked anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0