Transition Bikes @ The Bicycle Shop on diamond- Mtbr.com
    ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

Good job! Transition Bikes @ The Bicycle Shop on diamond

I saw this bike in the window when I was on break from work. So as soon as I got off work Thursday afternoon, I HAD to roll in there and check it out...
    They're going to carry two models of Transition Bikes.
    The Blindside and the BottleRocket. These are SIC!!! bikes. You want a bike that can KICK A$$!!! Look no further...
    Heres one of the complete builds. This is the BottleRocket (decals are not installed yet). I diggin' the blue. I would pimp it...
    Just click on the link for more information.

https://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/BottleRocket.cfm

Just click on the link for more information.
    https://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Blindside.cfm

aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Dec 2006
    how does the rear suspension hold up? I am not a big FS fan curious to see what happens if the weld breaks, rare chance but I imagine your putting alot more stress on the frame than a hardtail. also are those hydraulics? doesn't seem Alaska ready if those are. If they had this as a hardtail I'd be more than sold.

The king is on fire
    Trans. is a very good company, I've personally ridden the Blindside, bottlerocket and trail or park and they're all great. I might even pic up a double for DS/4x down the line. Welds do not break and if it's within reason they will cover the frame. Hydro's are common on these bikes so that's something you're gonna have to get used to.

I don't understand why this area is lacking so much DH/FR/Slope stuff, its pretty odd that Maryland has a better scene.
    Have fun.

You've got to go look at this bike. I really doubt you can break this. Even with my fat a$$ on there, I couldn't break it... These are built for hardcore riding. Much more forgiving than a HT (and more forgiving on your body). There's not too many people brave enought to ride the shore or huge gaps/drops with a HT. Aluminum frames don't bent, they brake... It doesn't take a whole lot to break a aluminum framed HT. I hear people cracking there's just from DJing...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have a Transistion Preston that I built up as a trail bike. I really like it, especially after I replaced the coil shock with an air shock.

We want... a shrubbery!
    I run hydraulic discs (Hope Mono Minis) on one of my bikes that I rode all of this past winter in Anchorage without any problems -- hydros are getting significantly better.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Dec 2006
    well I guess your fine if you remember to bring it indoors at night, everyone I know that had problems with hydraulics had left their bikes outside all winter, Hydraulics have been getting way better... I did a Google on hydraulic brakes and came across someone that says he biked across Africa with his hydraulic rim brakes and Speed hub.

The king is on fire
    Quote Originally Posted by elgeneralsv
    well I guess your fine if you remember to bring it indoors at night, everyone I know that had problems with hydraulics had left their bikes outside all winter
    Well that's their own stupid fault, hydro's are like every other moving part... it needs to be maintained. They don't need to be bled often so its nothing major.
    Have fun.

Good job! I can't do without hydraulic brakes on any FR/DH/ALL Mountain bike.

??? I can't do without hydraulic brakes on any FR/DH/ALL Mountain bike. On a full blown DJ/Park bike, mechanical disc brakes (BB5 or BB7) are the only way to go... My winter/commuter/just kickin' around bike has BB7's...
    The Hayes hydraulic brakes that was on my Specialized Bighit. I never had a problem with them. Of corse I take care of my bike(s). I'd NEVER leave any of my bike(s) outside in the weather. Even if I didn't have a garage. I used to keep my SE Racing PK Ripper in my room when I was a kid. My mom didn't care to much for it. I told her I built that bike from the frameset up, and it cost to much money to leave in the storage shed... She was cool with it... I use to wash and wax that thing in my room too...
    Last edited by brian_404; 06-17-2008 at 10:11 PM.

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by elgeneralsv
    how does the rear suspension hold up? I am not a big FS fan curious to see what happens if the weld breaks, rare chance but I imagine your putting alot more stress on the frame than a hardtail. also are those hydraulics? doesn't seem Alaska ready if those are. If they had this as a hardtail I'd be more than sold.
    This is either trolling or a candidate for the most stupid post of the year here on the Alaska board.

Regards,

EndUser
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    This is either trolling or a candidate for the most stupid post of the year here on the Alaska board.
    The only reason I popped into this thread was the promise of another delightful EndUser comment and I was not disappointed.

Let me just say that it was no troll and leave it at that.

seedub

Tricycle?

I popped onto the thread to see what a "Transition" bike would look like. Sounds like someone is selling something.
    you may have come before us on no bicycle, but that does not say you know everything.

Ologist
    Quote Originally Posted by EndUser

Regards,

EndUser
    So far...I was waiting for someone to raise that question. I see and hear so many weird comments around here that I didn't bother to react at first. I think he is being facetious?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    [QUOTE=seedub]I popped onto the thread to see what a "Transition" bike would look like. Sounds like someone is selling something.

Are you aware that the person who started this thread does not work at a bike shop ? Beleive it or not some people just get excited about something new they see and want to share it with the rest of the cycling community.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Oi...

It's DIMOND, people, Territorial Senator Anthony Dimond. Not like jewelry. Anal retentive mode now turned off...

Members who have read this thread: 0