Trans Rocky Race/Tour- Mtbr.com
    Bikes are good

Trans Rocky Race/Tour

This trip was brought to my attention by a well known biking person, and I can't get it out of my head. Seems like a great trip/race. The thing is, you need a partner. Ideally, a partner that is about the same skill as you. So, this is a shout out. If you are interested, check the link and let me know if you are slightly interested. Cost is 1,850 bones this year. Includes a bunch of stuff you wouldn't want to deal with yourself.

http://www.transrockies.com

mtbr member
    Looks easy. What is that, like, 28 miles American? Solmbody else told me about this last year (he was going to do it but bagged months beforehand). It looks like it would be a kick in the pants and I'd like to do it on the Pugs. Maybe next year because I'm thinking about doing this one this summer and it starts on July 26th:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_...erness_Classic

http://www.alaskanalpineclub.org/WildRace.html

Have fun. Hey you'll miss the Soggy, then right?

Bikes are good

I wouldn't say I'd be missing it...

The Soggy I mean. We'll see. I'd like to give that race a shot without the mud. Might be a trip for next summer. From what I've read, riding with someone close to your ability,strength is as important as riding with someone you can get along with. The first of the two influencing the latter. I'm in search of, so we'll see. It'd be cool to see the sights, ride so many trails, etc.

mtbr member
    Yeah that ride really looks like fun. The Soggy's the Soggy, though. Just wouldn't be right if it wasn't muddy. They'd have to call it the Dusty Bottom.

mtbr member
    Soggy's August 1st. TransRockies is Aug 9-15. Do the Soggy as a training ride, and when you're doing that one, imagine what it would be like to do a similar effort for 7 consecutive days. Go for it!

You're absolutely right about choosing your partner wisely. Very wisely!

Bikes are good

See what you've done...

QueenBee. I was just fine with Soggy Bottom beatings, and then you had to bring this thing up.

So, thanks for helping me find someone.

I have a pugs now, very cool.

@adelorenzo
    If team mate is an issue, another stage race option is the Intermontane Challenge in Kamloops, it has solo or team categories. Not sure how it stacks up to TransRockies, as this is the first year, but I will be heading down there with a friend who has done TR twice.

is buachail foighneach me
    i've only seen rocky a couple of times, but he doesn't seem that big. shouldn't be too difficult to ride across him. no way i'm paying 1850 dollars and flying to canada to do it though.

Members who have read this thread: 0