Which trails are OK to ride?- Mtbr.com
    Diaskeuast

Which trails are OK to ride?

Prompted by the recent thread on ski-only vs. multi-use trails, we have placed more information on the Singletrack Advocates site. Although it doesn't eliminate the need to purchase and study a good map, it should help riders -- especially those new to winter riding -- as they try to understand where they can/can't or should/shouldn't take their bikes in winter.

If you know a rider who would benefit from the information but isn't a user of this forum, please direct him or her to the site, which includes links to a number of useful information sources.

Grillin' & Chillin'

Map Man Strikes Again

I'm back to work now, so it would be easy for me to create a few maps to post on line that will show which trails are multi-use, thus okay to ride on. I'll just need to find some time to get them done, maybe this weekend. I'll make them as PDF's so that they will be easily posted and downloaded. There are a fair number of riders that don't understand that a good portion of the trails they rode on in the summer are definitely off limits in the winter.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

We want... a shrubbery!
    I would appreciate a good definitive set of maps!
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Ologist
    Is there an actual municipal regulation that prevents bikes from being on ski trails by law? I don't remember if we talked about this last year, but I seem to recall that there was no legal jurisdiction at Kincaid (Campbell) to keep bikes off. Can anyone point me in the direction of the statute? I am sure it is there but anytime I have this conversation with a die hard skate skier they usual just reference the money the Nordic Club puts into grooming.

Wouldn't it be fun to turn to an equestrian and say (in your most elitist nordic voice) - this trail is for bikes only - and then ride off to your excesively large SUV that never leaves the road system.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Yes, there is

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla
    Is there an actual municipal regulation that prevents bikes from being on ski trails by law? I don't remember if we talked about this last year, but I seem to recall that there was no legal jurisdiction at Kincaid (Campbell) to keep bikes off. Can anyone point me in the direction of the statute? I am sure it is there but anytime I have this conversation with a die hard skate skier they usual just reference the money the Nordic Club puts into grooming.

Wouldn't it be fun to turn to an equestrian and say (in your most elitist nordic voice) - this trail is for bikes only - and then ride off to your excesively large SUV that never leaves the road system.
    Actually, yes, there is a municipal regulation. I believe it is in the form of a municipal ordinance. I asked this specific question of John McCleary (MOA Parks and Rec) a year or two ago. He said that if enforced, it could result in a fine to people not abiding by the ordinance. I don't have a direct link to the information, but will do a little more searching. If I find anything, I will try to post it on here.

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by anchskier
    He said that if enforced, it could result in a fine to people not abiding by the ordinance.
    Does that include dog owners oh wait that is a diffrent ordinance all together....................

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    Scoop th' poop!

...getting further and further off topic...
    Kevin Turinsky
    RUSA RBA - Alaska
    www.rusa.org
    http://alaskarandonneurs.blogspot.com

One of the Crazies
    THANK YOU!

I'm glad to see that so far I haven't been in any violations.

Watch it with the dog comment. Oh wait... I can't take mine for a walk yet. AND I always scoop th' poop.

Members who have read this thread: 0