Trail-a-Bike and kudos to the bicycle shop- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Trail-a-Bike and kudos to the bicycle shop

First off thanks to the guys at the bicycle shop for hooking my family up with a trail-a-bike, kiddy bike seat for the baby and new helmets. They were a wealth of knowledge and very friendly. They even gave us a discount on the helmets. I can't say enough about them. Now to the trail-a-bike. I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to swivel up near the connection at the seat but it doesn't say anything in the manual. If I'm right how loose should I keep it? Should it be moving completely freely or should there be a little resistance? It rode fine last night with the swivel connection a little tight. I just want to make sure and not screw anything up or take a chance of hurting my daughter.

Thanks
    Mike

Jul 2006
    I have a Trail a Bike for my daughter as well and I have it a little resistance for regular coastal trail type riding and a little less resistance so that it swivels a little more freely for trail riding. I found doing this was a little easier on both my self upfront and my daughter in the back so that we are not fighting each other. Just make sure that it is on secure but do not over do it either.

Another thing you might want to consider is getting a pair of the cage pedals to help her keep her feet on the pedals. Also a little mud flap of sorts on the bottom to keep her from getting stuff flung at her.

KUDDOS to the Bicycle Shop they have always been upfront and honest with me in all of my crazy ventures. I live in S. Anchorage now and I drive up to go specifically to there store just because of the customer service and atmosphere. Thanks Guys, and gal!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the info Bubba. Where did you get that mudflap? I could definatley use one for my daughter.

Mike

War machine member
    Quote Originally Posted by AkMike
    Thanks for the info Bubba. Where did you get that mudflap? I could definatley use one for my daughter.

Mike
    The mud flap is standard on the 6-speed Trail-a-Bike. We (I work part time at The Bicycle Shop) carry a similar product from SKS, but we're currently out of stock.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    REI had some that attach like that last time I was there.

Jul 2006
    Mike I will second that. I got mine at REI as well.

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    ...might look pretty sweeeeet with one of those shiny T.H.E. downtube fenders...!

Members who have read this thread: 0