Swimming the Chickaloon- Mtbr.com
    Bill M

Swimming the Chickaloon

Not really but we did find a couple of nice swimming holes that were tempting in this heat wave. With training and gear testing finished Kathi and I took a fun little 20 mile spin (at 4 to 5 mph) on the Chickaloon yesterday. Would have been a nice hike with snowcats. It was between 5 and 10 degrees with a 10 to 15 mph breeze and almost felt too warm to ride after the temps of late. Even though the light was flat Kathi took lots of pics that really don't do justice to the best ride this side of the Knik Glacier. It has been so long since we have seen anyone on "our" trails I think the Iditarod Trail will seem a bit busy to us. If any of you are looking to escape the Muni crowds you might check it out just watch out for the big dog (that bit Kathi last spring) who guards the entrance to the access road.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Looks like a great ride ! Its good to know there are more riding options north of here. One of these days I am going to get up that way.

Bill M

April Ride

Jeff--------Kathi and I are planning a spring ride/get together at Lake Louise after we get back from Nome. Maybe around 1st of April when we get our legs back. We will post something and all will be welcome to join us. I am sure we will ride the Chickaloon again if the ice holds too.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Sounds like a plan ! Keep us all posted and hopefully we will be able to get an entourage from Anchorage to make the journey north.

Members who have read this thread: 0