Sweet night ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sweet night ride

So, I got transferred to Elmendorf from Spokane over 2 years ago, and although I used to night ride all the time down there, I finally went on my 1st night ride last week. Charged up the helmet & bike lights, and was good-to-go. Did an 8-miler on the Chester Creek trail, and it pretty much sucked - froze my butt off (10 degrees), and it was an ice slick the whole way - a challenge even with studs. So, I went out again tonight to do a ride on the Coastal Trail starting at Westchester, and had a blast! Temps weren't too bad (20), and with the couple inches of packed snow on the trail, conditions were perfect - tons of traction and that wonderful sound of crunching snow in the cold, quiet night air. Worst part of the ride - forgot to bring the camera to get some killer shots of the headlight through the trees and the soft glow of the city lights against a small bank of clouds over Anchorage. The best part of the ride - the overwhelming smell of someone BBQing steak toward the end of the ride. Mmmmmmm, steeeeaaaaak.
    Hey, I didn't see that rock there."

We want... a shrubbery!
    If you're ever looking for another to do some night rides, let me know. We had a lot of mid-week night rides back when I was in VA, and I'll be game for some mid-week night rides if you want. I'm in the Dimond area, but could work on meeting up somewhere for a ride.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Members who have read this thread: 0