Susitna Valley Winter Trail- Mtbr.com
    Caveman

Susitna Valley Winter Trail

I got an email from Tim Kelly last night about how much the newly established SVWT rocks and he really recommends it for biking. Conditions were perfect last weekend he said and they even groom it. The route starts north of Talkeetna and ends at Big Lake - 110 miles or so. Looks like a fun point to point overnighter.

info here:
    https://crust.outlookalaska.com/Skiing2009/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cool!

That does sounds like a good ride/overnight. Take lots of pics when you go. I'd go with you if'n I weren't so dang far away.

I'm still up for another ride down here if anyone is interested. Trails and beach in the same ride. Anyone? Anyone?

Pat

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    Note to self:

1) Cash out what's left of Jr.'s college fund.
    2) Buy a Pugsly.
    3) Hit the trails!

Ologist
    It is a great trail!! The Big Lake Trails Committee is beginning to work hard to bring winter biking and other non motorized trail users to the Lake area. They are also very interested in drawing in non motorized summer traffic. A proposal in the works for some single track like the Crevasse Moraine (mooseberry etc.). If interested PM me.

FatBike Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla
    It is a great trail!! The Big Lake Trails Committee is beginning to work hard to bring winter biking and other non motorized trail users to the Lake area. They are also very interested in drawing in non motorized summer traffic. A proposal in the works for some single track like the Crevasse Moraine (mooseberry etc.). If interested PM me.
    Glad the new winter trail is getting some recognition, it's the product of several different clubs who received grooming grants from state snowmachine registrations and Alaska State Parks and the Mat-Su Borough working together to link up a great trail. A lot of people did some real hard work to make it happen.

Thanks for the lead on the Big Lake Trails Committee, I have invited them to the VMBaH/IMBA trail training workshop in early May.

www.vmbah.org

is buachail foighneach me
    sweet!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Last weekend I skied into my cabin, which is a few miles west of the MP 131 gravel pit. there's tons of snow up there still. a little ash in willow, but that's it. snow machine trails were hard packed into the late afternoon even though it was melting on sunday. travel is easy and fast up there.

Members who have read this thread: 0