Susitna 100 gear- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Susitna 100 gear

All,

I'm not a biker, but I'm about 90% sure I'm going to be doing the run category in the Susitna 100 this winter. The last 10% is due to my concerns about procuring the necessary gear.

A friend suggested I solicite some help from this forum. Anybody got some gear (sled, Sleeping bag) that they would be willing to rent/sell on the cheap? I'm coming up from Colorado, and it would make things much easier if I didn't have to get all of the gear up there when I travel.

Thanks for any leads. I am a trailrunner, not a biker. But I'm one that steps off the trails for all of the MTB's...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The Su 100 race organizers will rent/sell you a sled. They are also quite cheap to build from parts and pieces you can acquire at Lowes or Home Depot (the website has instructions, which I helped write :-) ). Sleeping bags can be rented from REI shops in Colorado or Alaska. If you want to work with REI's Anchorage shop, start communicating now...because they will rent-out all their gear for the race.

Moreover, it goes without saying that "practice makes perfect". Build a sled ASAP, load it up with gear, and go running on ski/snowmachine trails (including an overnight camping trip) when conditions permit. Not only will you be better prepared for all the amazing things that Mother Nature unleashes upon you during the race.....but it's actually a lot of FUN, which is (after all) the point.
    Happy Trails!

mtbr member
    try arctic cycles for gear rental

http://www.arcticcycles.com/Accessories.html
    litespeed's break

Members who have read this thread: 0