Susitna 100- Mtbr.com

Thread: Susitna 100

Fatback

Susitna 100

Just saw the results page for the race. It lists Tim Berntson and Jeff Oatley as the same time, but no placing yet. It was a beautiful day with temps around 10, but it felt warmer in the sun. Conditions were much more firm than anybody guessed yesterday. Fastest time in years. Nice job to all you guys.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

No, that's not phonetic
    Man, averaging 10 mph the whole way. I don't know if I could do a century on a road bike at that pace. Awesome job to all riders.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How about those women's results? Julie and Kristin kicked butt-

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Agreed! Julie and Kristin had awesome times and were flying out there. Congrats to both as well as all the other finishers,

is buachail foighneach me
    The course was bomber. Great day to be out there. Congrats to all the finishers.

No, that's not phonetic
    Sean, you gonna SS to Nome next?

Yep.

Fatback
    Congrats to Julie and Kristin. Great to see Julie back on her bike. Way to go Tim! And of course Jeff and John. It's about time cyclists put that damn Chet the Jet somewhere mid pack. Nice job to you too Sean.

Chet did not look like he was having fun out there....

Really impressive work by Kevin Breitenbach(who was on a 29er with snowcats) and Phil Hofstetter, who both started 25 minutes behind everyone due to a late gear check and managed to finish in the top 10.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by surveyor
    How about those women's results? Julie and Kristin kicked butt-

Did only two women bikers finish? If that's the case that's too bad as there were several solo females and saw a couple female/male biker teams out there. My buddy who rode it said the 24 miles round trip from Luces to Alexander back to Luces was soft and extremely windy. He was riding with one of the female/male teams and she was able to ride the soft snow but her partner and my buddy were not able to ride because of their weight so they were pushing and she was riding and then waiting on him. I didn't realize that being a "light-weight" had such an advantage in winter biking.

Great job to everyone who started and/or finished the race!

Fatback
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswilson
    Did only two women bikers finish? If that's the case that's too bad as there were several solo females and saw a couple female/male biker teams out there. My buddy who rode it said the 24 miles round trip from Luces to Alexander back to Luces was soft and extremely windy. He was riding with one of the female/male teams and she was able to ride the soft snow but her partner and my buddy were not able to ride because of their weight so they were pushing and she was riding and then waiting on him. I didn't realize that being a "light-weight" had such an advantage in winter biking.

Great job to everyone who started and/or finished the race!
    Lots of other gals finished the race, and pretty damned fast too. Those two just happened to have their times listed when the posts were done. Here are the results.

Members who have read this thread: 0