Sunset Beach Ride "TODAY"- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Sunset Beach Ride "TODAY"

A few of us are meeting at 3:00pm today at Ocean View Park "map" and heading out for a sunset beach cruise. So come on out and join us, also remember to charge your lights!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Are you riding studs or pugsleys ?

Jul 2006
    Jeff some of us are riding our pugs and a few of us are riding studs.

mtbr member
    Looking forward to some pics... and on the note of beach riding it looks like Friday June 6, 2008 and the next couple days would be some good tides with kind times for a group beach ride and campout from Captain Cook Monument to Point Possession or even the Chickaloon River delta.
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Lets make it happen

That sounds like so much fun for me; count me in ! I have to set aside vacation time for this !
    Can we see if there any other riders who would like to join us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesotony
    Looking forward to some pics... and on the note of beach riding it looks like Friday June 6, 2008 and the next couple days would be some good tides with kind times for a group beach ride and campout from Captain Cook Monument to Point Possession or even the Chickaloon River delta.

Jul 2006
    What a ride Thanks Rev fro the introduction
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesotony
    looks like Friday June 6, 2008.
    that would be like a little a bit over 6 months away..................................

How about doing it as an overnighter winter ride
    Last edited by aka bubba; 12-16-2007 at 10:55 AM.

"Its All Good"
    Great photos, all I can say is I admire you guys hugely. No matter what your conditions, is doesnt effect your passion for bikes... Sweeeeeeeeeeettttt
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Diaskeuast

Thanks, Manny

Nice pics. Here are a few taken with my camera before I had to bail out. Until my sloppy faceplant, it was a hell of a ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    What a fantastic looking ride! Did you guys get the breezes down on the South End like we're getting here on the North End? Here in the Turnagain Neighborhood, we're getting some pretty stiff breezes on the Coastal Trail coming off of the Knik Arm. Buuuuhhhhhrrrrrrr....

One more question, would Exiwolfs or Nanoraptors on SnowCats do ok for that Sunset Beach ride in its current conditions? That's the max size tire my frame will fit. Actually, I currently have the new Nokkian 29"er studs mounted up. Gosh, they're heavy.

Thanks,

Kevin

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarnac
    What a fantastic looking ride! Did you guys get the breezes down on the South End like we're getting here on the North End? Here in the Turnagain Neighborhood, we're getting some pretty stiff breezes on the Coastal Trail coming off of the Knik Arm. Buuuuhhhhhrrrrrrr....

One more question, would Exiwolfs or Nanoraptors on SnowCats do ok for that Sunset Beach ride in its current conditions? That's the max size tire my frame will fit. Actually, I currently have the new Nokkian 29"er studs mounted up. Gosh, they're heavy.

Thanks,

Kevin
    You'd be fine if you get out there before it snows again. Two riders in our group of five were running narrower tires -- I don't think they even had Snowcats. They did fine. Studs couldn't hurt, but they aren't really necessary like they were two weeks ago. There's snow covering most of the old ice. Just watch for icy sections on the access trail below Oceanview Bluff Park, and be careful about dry snow over old ice. I slipped a little where a patch of snow and ice hadn't bonded but, for the most part, almost any set-up should work right now.

We didn't have much wind last night, but the wind conditions shift down there from day to day.

Members who have read this thread: 0