specialized 3.0 tires- Mtbr.com
    Billy--Arctic Cycles
    Oct 2007

specialized 3.0 tires

In the frosty bottom I remember a set of specialized 3.0 pro tires ???!!!!!
    vapor wear ??? Billy

mtbr member
    If you're talking about the 3.0 big hits, there were a few sets of those floating around anchorage a few years ago. When the Gazz was the other 3.0 alternative they seemed pretty cool because they were about a lb lighter per tire, but they weren't really anything special in the snow. Flimsy sidewalls and rolled slow.
    Not made anymore.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

I have a few.

Thats true. I have 3 or 4 sets that I've messed around with. If you what to check them out, let me know.

Billy--Arctic Cycles
    Oct 2007
    Yes, I would like to see if that tire would work on the rear of my tandem . This year a couple is going to rent my tandem to ride the susitna 100 . I have set the front up with surly fork and large marge / endomorph ,for better control . The rear has snow cat w/ 2.3 ritchey. Still enough clearance for more. I think this tire would fit and allow the couple the extra flotation that is needed for the race .

Thanks Billy

FatBike Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticcycles
    Yes, I would like to see if that tire would work on the rear of my tandem . This year a couple is going to rent my tandem to ride the susitna 100 . I have set the front up with surly fork and large marge / endomorph ,for better control . The rear has snow cat w/ 2.3 ritchey. Still enough clearance for more. I think this tire would fit and allow the couple the extra flotation that is needed for the race .

Thanks Billy
    Wow, a divorcycle in the Su100, that will be a first. Hope they won't have clearance probs on the whoopdedoos. I have some Arrow Racing 3.0's, some old Remolinos, and some Kenda 3.0 (more like 2.8) cruiser tires you could try if the Specialized's won't fit.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Billy--Arctic Cycles
    Oct 2007
    THAT IS THE BEST DESCRIPTION OF TANDEMS . Even me and my wife who have spent years on tandems, find problems sometimes. I have warned them that the race is difficult enough without the use of a tandem . It was their idea . I am just trying to help them have a good ride. Are the Arrow's aggressive ? Kenda's also? I am looking for flotation and good semi tread. Remolinos !!!!???? That would be nice also. I will be back in Anchorage friday and in your neck of the woods on sunday do you think you will be in ?

Thanks Billy

FatBike Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticcycles
    THAT IS THE BEST DESCRIPTION OF TANDEMS . Even me and my wife who have spent years on tandems, find problems sometimes. I have warned them that the race is difficult enough without the use of a tandem . It was their idea . I am just trying to help them have a good ride. Are the Arrow's aggressive ? Kenda's also? I am looking for flotation and good semi tread. Remolinos !!!!???? That would be nice also. I will be back in Anchorage friday and in your neck of the woods on sunday do you think you will be in ?

Thanks Billy
    I think it's cool they're trying it on a tandem. The Arrow's are very agressive but heavy ~1850g, similiar tread to a Nokian 3.0. Kenda's are basically a slick with inset flame patterns, havn't tried them on snow. Yes, Remolino, I have a shed full of them if any one is interested in this fine tire/collecter's item. A new one would probably last through the 100 mile race but not much further, especially on a tandem. I'll be riding Sunday afternoon but will be home around 6 pm or you can catch me in the morning..
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Members who have read this thread: 0