A Soggy ride story !- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mtbr member

Soggy Bottom is the best

I put a few things down on errr..."paper" too regarding the event. Not so much a ride report as just musings on the experience. Here it is: http://offcamber.typepad.com

What can I say? Soggy Bottom kicks ass. Alaska kicks ass. Carlos is a godamned masocistic genius. And don't believe the hype...Alaska riders are at least as strong as Colorado riders. Maybe not as many, but strong as all get-up.

Thanks to all the friendly folks, the hardy photographers, the guys who turned me around on Devils Pass, the pit crews, the ****ing VIBE of that place. It's the best damned "event" in the world and makes the Leadville 100 look a visit to the Cheesecake Factory. Thanks, and I'll see you hopefully sooner than later. What's this Susitna 100 all about anyway?

Grillin' & Chillin'

Good job! Great Blogs!

Thanks for the stories Dan and Michelle. These blogs were great I encourage other Soggy Bottom 100 participants to check them out they were pretty cool and complimentary about the Great Land and it's people.
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluto Pilot
    Thanks to all the friendly folks, the hardy photographers, the guys who turned me around on Devils Pass....
    Pluto, I was the guy who turned you around at Devil's Pass, glad you didn't get too far off course. I knew you couldn't have made it that far yet, and once I got to the cabin I totally saw how easily you could get misdirected.

And I gotta tell ya, that's some impressive riding you did there.....this kind of multi-tasking I've never seen before....racing the Soggy Bottom and phoning home at the same time! Maybe Carlos needs to come up with something more difficult for ya!

Rando
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

mtbr member
    Ok, that's funny. My helmet on this day kept falling off my head, and was a real pain in the arse to be honest! I was tweaking it like this half the day. Thank you so much for the turn-around tip...I might still be out there otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by EndoRando
    Pluto, I was the guy who turned you around at Devil's Pass, glad you didn't get too far off course. I knew you couldn't have made it that far yet, and once I got to the cabin I totally saw how easily you could get misdirected.

And I gotta tell ya, that's some impressive riding you did there.....this kind of multi-tasking I've never seen before....racing the Soggy Bottom and phoning home at the same time! Maybe Carlos needs to come up with something more difficult for ya!

Rando

Members who have read this thread: 0