Sog Bot 07 Reminder- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Sog Bot 07 Reminder

This is a reminder for those who are Anchorage based that the riders meeting is at 6 PM at Chain Reaction this Wednesday. This is also the opportunity to sign up for the ride !
    Last edited by rio; 08-28-2007 at 08:22 PM. Reason: words

Grillin' & Chillin'
    Carlos,

You said both 6pm and 7pm. What's Up? It's really 6pm isn't it. I sure hope so as I will be going to Rodrigo Y Gabriela (sold out - by the way) at the Bear Tooth at 7pm.

See you there!
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by speedsk8_ak
    Carlos,

You said both 6pm and 7pm. What's Up? It's really 6pm isn't it.
    Rio's just preparing you for the hallucinations and disjointed thought processes you'll be suffering on the trail.

"Hey, man, it's already 8. No, it's 11. Hey, how'd that circus clown get way up here on the pass?"

Grillin' & Chillin'

Clint Eastwood and Fairies With Boots

Tim,

I already had a preview (read as hallucinations) of what the coming weekend will bring. This past weekend I figured I'd push it hard with one last double effort to top off my training for the Soggy Bottom. So I started out Saturday with my backpack loaded with about twenty pounds of post-race Chips & Salsa and road to the startline for the "Up and Over" Powerline Pass ABC race. That was a good warm up for the start up. It was an unbelievably beautiful day. Much to my surprise I finished with achieving my expected goals. I was shooting for 2:30 and made in 2:30:14, but more importantly I did it without being last, the usual for this old fart.

I couldn't get any takers on my plan for the weekend double. So I headed out for the Cooper Landing Resurrection Trailhead on my own just before noon on Sunday. At 2pm with my Camelbak full of electrolytic juice and a sack full of trail snacks I headed back to the Devils Pass Trailhead via the highway, an easy 18 mile shock locked hour and ten minute cruise.

That's when the real fun began. The trail is in great shape by the way. There has been a lot of trail work done in the last couple summers. Anyway, I made it to the top at 4:30pm. That's when I saw the High Plains Drifter floating across the tundra and disappearing over the northern ridge with Fairies Wearing Boots nipping at his horses hocks.

I swear I gotta lay off those Rice Cripsy Treats during trail rides!

Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
    Yeah I saw it, I saw it, I tell you no lies
    Yeah fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
    I saw it, I saw it with my own two eyes,
    Well all right now!

Black Sabbath - Fairies Wear Boots - Paranoid

Grill Meister
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

oopppps 6, 6, 6

Sorry its 6 PM

Quote Originally Posted by speedsk8_ak
    Carlos,

You said both 6pm and 7pm. What's Up? It's really 6pm isn't it. I sure hope so as I will be going to Rodrigo Y Gabriela (sold out - by the way) at the Bear Tooth at 7pm.

See you there!

mtbr member
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela --err, got any extra tickets??? only need one. been listening to their stairway to heaven version on my Ipod on the last couple rides - wonder if Adam will be there - his kind of string plucking..
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Grillin' & Chillin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesotony
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela --err, got any extra tickets??? only need one. been listening to their stairway to heaven version on my Ipod on the last couple rides - wonder if Adam will be there - his kind of string plucking..
    Not to tease too much, but my wife and I have tickets. I would suggest coming to the Bear Tooth to see if anyone is giving up or scalping their tickets, as it is going to be a rockin' show. I saw them at the Coachella Music Festival for my retirement party this past April. They played Stairway To Heaven for their encore. I was blown away. It was one of the coolest shows of the weekend. It was downright chilling to hear a couple of acoustic guitars rockin' out that hard.

Grill Meister
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

mtbr member

hmmm -good idea

well, worked for me at the Cake concert - but that $50.00 cab ride home sure did kick my arse.... see ya in the parking lot maybe... and now if we could just get an encore appearance at the Seaview..
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Music at the Sog Bot

Sportin Woodies will be playing Saturday night of the Soggy.

Hey Tony, any takers on your camp spot offer ?

well, worked for me at the Cake concert - but that $50.00 cab ride home sure did kick my arse.... see ya in the parking lot maybe... and now if we could just get an encore appearance at the Seaview..

mtbr member

Doh!

Turns out I don't have a reservation - but I had one in July I didn't know about (guess I know what happened there) - looks like they are sold out... I'll just have to wing it. Hope nobody was depending on my offer.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Damn if I would have seen you there I would have told you to crash at my (your) place! Did Lisa tell you we saw her at Moose's Tooth the other night?

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Turns out I don't have a reservation - but I had one in July I didn't know about (guess I know what happened there) - looks like they are sold out... I'll just have to wing it. Hope nobody was depending on my offer.
    Ah bummer, I was just coming to see if you had anyone camping with you. I was thinking of riding down from ANC and camping out over Fri/Sat.

mtbr member

about camping

Sorry Dave about the camp spot I am still heading down there - It occurs to me if you would ride all those miles to get to hope you should just do the Soggy.

Carlos - it seems that the Seaview has some tent camping in the grass across from the bandstand - does that seem right to you??

T

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sea View Camping

Yes, there is indeed camping across the street from the Sea View ! It really is a superior choice in that its across the street from the bar so its just a short crawl to your camp spot !

Sorry Dave about the camp spot I am still heading down there - It occurs to me if you would ride all those miles to get to hope you should just do the Soggy.

Carlos - it seems that the Seaview has some tent camping in the grass across from the bandstand - does that seem right to you??

T

Ologist
    Good Luck to All...hopefully this weather will hold!

Maybe I will conditioned enough next year to participate

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I'm not in shape for that at all. Another summer full of visitors has really beat the crap out of my fitness. It's depressing! I haven't really been doing PT at work either because we've been flying a lot. I started a diet (well just eating healthier) and workout program so I can get rid of this stupid fat still hanging on from last winter. I don't want to pack more on it.

My poor Yeti sits in the garage with a flat (tubeless ) and broken FD cable...she didn't get too much lovin' this summer.

I tried to e-mail Sea View but it bounced back. I'll try to call when I get home. Anyone else hanging there overnight or are you all driving back?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm going down Friday evening and plan on parking next to Carlos in his camping spot. I'll be one of the check-point helpers on Sat. Depending on how things go Sat. evening, I plan on spending that night in Carlos' camping spot.
    --
    Curt Harris
    Anchorage, AK
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm heading down tomorrow with a bunch of people for my first AK Soggy experience. I'm definitely not in good enough shape to take part in the whole race. Any one else just going to hang and maybe bike a little...I say little in only comparison to the 109 miles of the soggy.

mtbr member

I'm going friday pm

Heading down friday p.m - hope to see ya down there Dave. Bringing a bike, as I found someone to look after my dog Homer. I am going to camp across from the bar and enjoy the racers trickling in and the music of Sportin Woodies! leaving Sunday a.m. -

we could have a huge bonfire -er "Soggy Man"!!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Whips

Actually; The Whip Saws are Playing from 9 PM until 1 AM Saturday/ Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!

Heading down friday p.m - hope to see ya down there Dave. Bringing a bike, as I found someone to look after my dog Homer. I am going to camp across from the bar and enjoy the racers trickling in and the music of Sportin Woodies! leaving Sunday a.m. -

we could have a huge bonfire -er "Soggy Man"!!
    Last edited by rio; 08-30-2007 at 10:31 PM.

mtbr member

ok

carlos - you really know how to put on a race - seriously, thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0