Snowbike (X-post from bikeforums)- Mtbr.com
    HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

Snowbike (X-post from bikeforums)

Cool....

http://www.m-gineering.nl/artic.htm

Location: Northfield, MN via Google: I didn't put in the first sentance because it seemed translatable to me. special project for Marco is an Expedition,...or something like that. But from there...

"Marco wants with this bike cycling through Siberia, the Bering road, hopefully not too many polar bears encounter (Cyclists in Alaska called Meals-on-Wheels (TM)) and then decline to South America to re-warming. Because they are not in Siberia swept bicycle path is the idea of frozen rivers biking. Also, the Full bepakking by the snow cycling course special demands on the material.On this page is the progress of the project. And you can follow http://www.crossingcontinents.nl of Marco already has arrived in Siberia
    Dual air
    In order for the snow to get any wheel drive demontabele hulpvelgen. Just as with a tractor, but then two per wheel. Rim are not practical, so there are disc brakes on the bike.
    The tyres are slightly smaller than the central, so there is still a hard surface acceptable steering arises.

another detail of the rims.

Trapas
    If your whole wide wheels (160 mm) in the bike move, you will also need a broad onmundig bracket. Otherwise, the cranks can not go to the rear, and runs the chain by the band. This is 145 mm, and the bracketbus is also correspondingly broader. Under the photo to compare a normal. But it still is to double the air drive in two stages with a hulpas executed."
    End of my google cutting & pasting & translating & cutting and Pasting quoting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0