SKI-Bike- Mtbr.com

Thread: SKI-Bike

Jun 2008

... and if we just ... SKI-Bike

g-day again!!

I have an old frame which im not really using and want to do some modification so i can take it down the slopes in winter.
    Basically just gone strip the frame, put on Skies where the wheels go. and and some pecks instead of pedals!!
    any idea or tips?????
    has anyone even tried this, if so let me know how it ended up

-ride on-

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    cut the skis short have the rear ski fixed and let the front ski pivot.

Bikes are good

Learn how to ski.

and then do that instead

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Word buddy. When I was a freshmen in high school I took a preasure treated 4x4, drilled a hole through it, shoved an axel in it, and epoxied two skis to the bottom. It worked well enough that the next year I took a non presure treated 4x4, modified it to lighten it up, and cut the skis down to size. I started hauling around on sno-go trails and xc resorts on the weekends. That worked really well so the next winter I decided to go to a local welder, who after he stopped laughing, helped me build first something similar to what I had, and than a pretty nice dealio with a pivoting ankle. It was pretty awesome, and on the classic icy trails of the east, it had really good controll cornering, solid traction whe the snow was crisp, and bombed the descents. I say forgo the rear ski and use a studded tire, that way you can still get around.

I dropped the whole thing after high school and kept the planks on my feet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jun 2008
    DUUDE sick system you got there. i kinda want to try and put a rear ski aswell!!
    Thanx for the tips, AN NO IM NOT LEARNING HOW TO SKI, I SNOWBOARD and i enjoy it a lot more!!!
    The idea with the studded tire is good tho to cruz around!! maybe ill try that to!!

Bikes are good

Knuckle draggin snowboarder

That's why you are trying to ski on a bike.

Your system was pretty slick there. I saw a bike like that once, and the rear wheel had a snowmachine paddle hooked up to it. Perfect. A lot of effort, for not that much fun, but pretty cool if your bored I guess.

Members who have read this thread: 0