Singletrack/DH/FR in the anchorage vacinity??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Singletrack/DH/FR in the anchorage vacinity??

Moving back to AK here in about 3 weeks, after a 3 year drought living in FL. Been riding some decent terrain here in Korea, stopping in the northwest on the way back up to do some riding also.

Wanting to get some info on where the good trails are. Specifically faster style singletrack, downhill & FreeRide style terrain. If you dont want to divulge your Area 51 riding areas in a forum thats cool, PM me if you want Dont have a problem with (hike a bike) if I cant climb it. I have heard of good runs around Flat-top, powerline pass over to Indian Creek coming down on the seward highway side.

Any others including something you could shuttle to besides Aleyska when it opens with the new terrain? Also looking for some riding buddies/partners as well.

Thanks
    Allen

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    theres plenty of awesome hike-a-bike trails for dh and freeride type stuff my favorite is called the dome trail located of cambell airstrip rd. accessed from the north bivuak trailhead. but if your just looking for fast runs with little work doing shuttle runs from the glen alps parking lot to the hilltop parking lot is fun and there a ton of different variations of ways to get down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideak
    theres plenty of awesome hike-a-bike trails for dh and freeride type stuff my favorite is called the dome trail located of cambell airstrip rd. accessed from the north bivuak trailhead. but if your just looking for fast runs with little work doing shuttle runs from the glen alps parking lot to the hilltop parking lot is fun and there a ton of different variations of ways to get down.

Whatever works, FR stuff is good, jumps, drops, just looking to have fun and looking forward to getting back to AK after a long drought.

Members who have read this thread: 0