Seen Alyeska's trail map?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Seen Alyeska's trail map?

Ariel photo with trails already built and to be built. Not mine.

mtbr member

Alyeska Trail Map

Howdy Jed! Thanks for posting a map of Alyeska that shows trails we have built or are planning to build. Please note that not all of our trails have been constructed to MTB standards. There will be areas on the mountain that are not open to MTB traffic. The North Face Trail is built for foot traffic only. It will not sustain MTB traffic. Also most of the chair one lift line from top to mid way will also be off limits. We are putting the finishing touches on a new summer map that shows all of our biking routes. We will have maps to hand out where you get tickets and it will be posted on our web site to down load.
    Jake and his crew of trail builders are hard at work on additional lower mountain trails and we will be working our way upo the mountain as the snow melts and the ground dries up. We are psyched for a June 24th opener! Cheers
    Burntski

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Can't wait to give it a try, will be there the 2nd week of July.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Are all the lift accessible trails extreme downhill? We are really looking forward to trying it out, but dont want to bite off more than we can chew! Also can anyone tell me about the boardwalk trail I keep hearing about, sounds fun but I cant get any solid info.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What's the plan for getting bikes on chair 4?

Bikes are good

Like this

The bikes go in the chair in front of you (you put them there) and then you sit your a$$ down on the next chair. A dude at the top pulls bikes off. That's how they do it at Whistler, and I saw a picture somewhere that looked the same as this one. There is a hook on the left outside upper bar of the chair for the 4th bike. Not sure if Alyeska is doing that part or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seen Alyeska's trail map?-blackcomb_bikeg.jpg  

"Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    May 2011
    At Whistler, the chair lifts they use are high speed quads where the chairs detach from the cable in the loading zone and move slowly allowing you to load your bike easily into the bike carriers on the chair in front of you or the side hook (like on Garbonzo upper Whistler Chair Lift). This is how Chair 6 will work.

Chair 4 at Alyeska is a fixed grip chair where the chairs are rigidly attached to the cable. Loading bikes on that chair lift is either going to be interesting. Most likely the chair is going to move extremely sloooooowwwwllly or it will be exciting to hook the bikes onto the lift...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    A link from this forum, hope it works.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=707635

mtbr member
    ANC-Rider; you are correct about chair 4. The only options we have for a fixed grip Poma lift is going to be hooks. We will be able to hang 2 bikes on every other chair. You are correct that it will be a slow ride up but it will be better access than the tram and it gets you to 6 and that's where the action is! We just brought in a 2nd mini ex to work the trails and Jake and the crew is going full throttle on new routes as they chase the snow up the hill. YeeHaw
    Burntski

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Jake is the man. What a great vision for the trails, I don't think Alyeska could have found anybody better for the job.

mtbr member
    thanks for the update burntski. can you post up some pictures of what Jake has done so far?

mtbr member
    I can't wait for this to open up. Any more work done on trail maps?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 29inthe49 View Post
    Are all the lift accessible trails extreme downhill? We are really looking forward to trying it out, but dont want to bite off more than we can chew! Also can anyone tell me about the boardwalk trail I keep hearing about, sounds fun but I cant get any solid info.
    Every trail up here is ridable by an experienced rider. The mountain is very steep so there is a lot of cross-hilling. Jake and the Crew are keeping in mind that most riders will be on short to medium travel bikes and are used to the riding in Anchorage. I think everything is rideable and nothing is too gnarley! hope to see you out here if you haven't been already!

Jeramy (part of trail crew)

Members who have read this thread: 0