Search for the Talking Llama, Palmer Redux- Mtbr.com
    FatBike Fiend

Search for the Talking Llama, Palmer Redux

The Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers are hosting a general membership meeting on Thursday, April 19 at 6:30 PM at the MTA building in Palmer. We'll be talkng about some upcoming trail issues and projects for the summer for a while and then Bearbait has kindly agreed to hold a valley showing of his multimedia slide show of adventure biking in South America. So come on out and show your support for more great mountain bike trails in the valley.

Directions: From Anchorage, take Glenn Highway to just past the Fairgrounds, turn right on Springer Loop, turn left on S. Chugach. The MTA building is on the left and we'll be in the basement through the front door and down the stairs.

I hope this image turns out alright from my Photochop hack job.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Mr.Secret
    Here ya go boys and girls, those that missed the first showing should take the short , scenic drive to beautiful downtown Palmer to see a very well put together slide show about a very incredible South American Bicycle Adventure....Siskel and Ebert would probably give this one " Two thumbs, way up ".......... ....oops, I forgot but I think Siskel is dead. But whoever Ebert's other half is would still agree...
    Last edited by R.T.R.; 04-11-2007 at 06:29 PM.
    ...think we'll ever get outta' this world alive ?...

Caveman
    All camelid species of the valley are encouraged to attend as well!

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    All camelid species of the valley are encouraged to attend as well!
    Hey ' bait, what designates a camelid species, is it a hoove thing or hump on the back type thing, or none of the above ? Is a guiniea pig a camelid or just a rodent ?
    Last edited by R.T.R.; 04-11-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Caveman
    RTR,
    I'm Glad you asked,
    While I honestally have no idea what the creature in the pint glass is, I can send you some places for more info:

http://exoticmeats.com/store/index.php?cPath=24_66

http://www.krug.org/bob/eat.html

Slaghutering of Llamas, sacrifices, and shearing of their wool has rise to the Camelid Liberation Front (CLF) in in effort to forment revolution amongst the camelid's to fight for freedom from their substance opressers! Hooves were raised in arms just as I was leaving Bolivia, I can only hope the situation has improved.

FatBike Fiend

Valley Camelids Unite

I'm not really sure if I'm a Camelid or not. I do have a hump on my back but I can't go very long without drinking.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I will definantly be there ! Missed the Anchorage show.

FatBike Fiend
    [QUOTE=Bearbait]RTR,
    I'm Glad you asked,
    While I honestally have no idea what the creature in the pint glass is, I can send you some places for more info:

I think it's from Rick's gerbil collection Cute little guy. Sharp claws, though.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Mr.Secret
    [QUOTE=Wildfire]
    RTR,
    I'm Glad you asked,

I think it's from Rick's gerbil collection Cute little guy. Sharp claws, though.
    Come on, that's one of Eric's little buddies from S.A.......you'll see...

Mr.Secret
    ........a talking camelid species.......

FatBike Fiend

Just a reminder

We're still on for the Palmer showing, we've got a conferance room lined up at MTA with seating for ~50 people, a super large projector screen, digital projector and sound system. Bearbait, any chance you could get there a bit early so we can make sure everything is working before the meeting starts? Thanks again, looking forward to the show.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Caveman
    Right on!
    check your PM's wildone.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

So a guy walks into a bar...

[QUOTE=Wildfire]
    A guy I work with bought a chinchilla. I asked him, "Why? Were they out of gerbils?"

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire
    We're still on for the Palmer showing, we've got a conferance room lined up at MTA with seating for ~50 people, a super large projector screen, digital projector and sound system. Bearbait, any chance you could get there a bit early so we can make sure everything is working before the meeting starts? Thanks again, looking forward to the show.
    Look out Marc, there's way more than 50 and they're heading your way, I think they caught wind of the gas money, dinner and beer deal......

FatBike Fiend

Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by R.T.R.
    Look out Marc, there's way more than 50 and they're heading your way, I think they caught wind of the gas money, dinner and beer deal......
    Perfect, more troops for this summer's trail building forced labor concentration gulag. Volunteers are just so unreliable. Oops, now you know the real reason we're inviting you guys out.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

FatBike Fiend

Thanks Bearbait

I apreciate you coming out. We had over 50 people show up for it and raised over $150 for the Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers trail building fund. Everyone enjoyed it. Thanks again.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Bill M

Thanks again Bearbait

Kathi M and I really enjoyed you show for the second time. It is a classic and one we could enjoy seeing again and again. Thanks for making the drive and sharing it with our community!!! Kathi is wearing out her maps trying to figure out where to go first.
    Bill and Kathi M

Caveman
    Thanks guys,
    It defientally felt different the 2nd time around. was fun to go through it again, I didnt get as many laughs from the guns and roses but thats ok !

Bill - if you and Kathi are really thinking of going down there I'd be happy to loan you my maps.

Something I wanted to mention is that a big motivation for me to put it togehter is that Cyclists never do slide shows! Its always the climbers, skiers etc.. There are so many people in our cycling community have done so many awesome trips I hope someone else can continue on next time.. Even something small.

thanks
    E

Caveman
    Thanks guys,
    It defientally felt different the 2nd time around. was fun to go through it again, I didnt get as many laughs from the guns and roses but thats ok !

Bill - if you and Kathi are really thinking of going down there I'd be happy to loan you my maps.

Something I wanted to mention is that a big motivation for me to put it togehter is that Cyclists never do slide shows! Its always the climbers, skiers etc.. There are so many people in our cycling community have done so many awesome trips I hope someone else can continue on next time.. Even something small.

thanks
    E

Members who have read this thread: 0