Running your snowbikes as 29ers- Mtbr.com
    HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

Running your snowbikes as 29ers

Do a lot of you guys do this when the snow goes away?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am going to, I had 29er wheel set made for my pugs. I plan to use it for commuting and some trail riding. The set consist of XT hubs, Bontrager super stock rims and WTB weiwolf 2.5 tires.The wheels were built slightly off set to line up properly.I also have a bontrager switch blade fork to switch out the surly fork too.Really looking forward to swapping it all over and seeing how she rides,

Fatback
    This is the icing on the cake for the Fatbacks. No offset allows the use of any rim and makes for a bomber 29er wheel. Wish I could've made it out last week Dave.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

29 Snowcats/Nokia studds

I've ridden this set up most of the winter and it's been perfect most of the time.
    Thirsty has some 50mm 29" rims that would be even better.

Pat

FatBike Fiend
    I've been riding my Wildfire FatBike with 29er wheels for four summers now. I've been using Bontrager Mustang OSB off center drilled rims on the rear. With XT hubs and their wide flange spacing, the wheels have been holding up well to my mass despite less then optimal dish to compensate for the chainstay offset. Love the ride, I've just been using a rigid fork, but may swap out for a suspension fork this spring. Big advantage over conventional 29er bike: huge amount of mud clearance with 2.55 tires.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

anyone else smell that?
    i bought someone's used 'snow bike' complete with some sort of huge drilled out snow rims (plus some mustang osb's). going to put a reba on it and run it as a 29er. and then probably stick the rigid fork back on there with the snow rims. question is....what tire will fit on those things?

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thirstywork
    This is the icing on the cake for the Fatbacks. No offset allows the use of any rim and makes for a bomber 29er wheel. Wish I could've made it out last week Dave.
    No Greg, you stay away from me with that Fatback. I rode by the shop the other day and saw it through the window. Those streak marks were drool...sorry.

I was wondering about the offset...thanks for clearing that up.

Members who have read this thread: 0