Robotron and Sweet Roll Volunteers- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Robotron and Sweet Roll Volunteers

the riders would like to thank you for your generous support !

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rio
    the riders would like to thank you for your generous support !

I would really appreciate it if you could tell us some info about the race,how was the route,i heard it was alot of singletrack,any bears,how long did it take,who won???????

Would love to have been there but the UK is a long way from Hope,maybe one day.
    cheers
    Carl

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sweet Roll 200 Ride

well, this ride had 156 miles of single track with 6 miles of tarmack the remaining miles was on gravel roads. MikeC saw 3 bears and there is a rumor that a rider saw Elvis. Some portions of the trails were impacted by tall vegetation that made rideing a bike exteremly challenging. Peter Bassinger- 24h6m,Eric P +4h, Adam B. +16h. 6 riders abandonded the route at the north end of Johnson Pass.
    please e-mail me privately for additional details

Quote Originally Posted by carlhutch
    I would really appreciate it if you could tell us some info about the race,how was the route,i heard it was alot of singletrack,any bears,how long did it take,who won???????

Would love to have been there but the UK is a long way from Hope,maybe one day.
    cheers
    Carl

Jan 2004
    Congrats to Pete, Eric & Adam!..
    29'ers Rule!

Thanks Carlos,.. glad to help out.
    Did you or Pam get any good photos from The Sweet Roll?

It was cool, more than half of the racers were on 29'ers.
    I was stoked have met Mike C., since I was following the Great Divide Race coverage daily.
    Mike's the "29'er Emperor" don't cha know..
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=34183
    I overheard at dinner, there might be a GDR article in Dirtrag soon.
    Thats Right On~!
    Last edited by Robotron; 07-27-2004 at 03:58 PM.

Beware of Doggerel

Extra double thank yous

Great race thanks for taking the time to make it happen. In one ride I had some of my darkest and brightest moments on a bike. The last 30 miles from the bottom to Devils Pass, up, over and down to Hope was just fantastic. I think it was the best time I have ever had on a bike, but the six miles of road from southern Johnson's to Devils and sitting at the base of Devils getting my head together, as Carlos witnessed (and helped), was the lowpoint of the race for me. Thanks again and ...uh...whats next??

Adam

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The New Soggy Bottom

The New Soggy Bottom has 97 miles of fabulous Alaskan trail and only 9 miles of gravel road. Hope to Cooper Landing, back to Devils Pass, ride Devils Pass out and back to the Resurrection where you will ride to the finish at the Sea View Bar! Please check out the new route on the web site. Are you Planning to ride the Soggy Bottom
    You got to see if you can not finish, after all how does one find their limits !!!!!!!
    Adam, you did a super exceptional job with the dark mental challenges and fears of long distance endevours. You are hereby awarded the 2004 Sweet Roll Iron Butt Award !

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Great race thanks for taking the time to make it happen. In one ride I had some of my darkest and brightest moments on a bike. The last 30 miles from the bottom to Devils Pass, up, over and down to Hope was just fantastic. I think it was the best time I have ever had on a bike, but the six miles of road from southern Johnson's to Devils and sitting at the base of Devils getting my head together, as Carlos witnessed (and helped), was the lowpoint of the race for me. Thanks again and ...uh...whats next??

Adam

Caveman

sunrise

I knew going into it that 2x Johnsons was going to be the crux of that race. My low point hit when I made it to the seward highway and passed out while pedaling only to awake freezing in the ditch a few minutes later... The high was Devils pass in the morning, I had an awesome ride up there like Adam. Seeing the sun creep down the mountains and the pink glow on the clouds made all the cow parsnip bashing worthwile and knowing that I survived the night.
    Thanks to all those who helped out and everyone that started this epic.