Riding scene in AK- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Riding scene in AK

Hey there folks. I'm sure this subject come up all the time, so forgive me if this is redundant. I'm looking for beta on the riding scene up there. Looking for info particularly about DH, Freeride, Dirt Jumping, 4X and Technical All Mountain. How do the shops support it? How do the trail builders/land managers support it? How do the local clubs support it? Events or festivals? Latest info on Alyeska? Racing? I know the XC crew rules the roost in most locations...but what about the rest of you?

is buachail foighneach me
    there're at least 5 threads about the downhill/freeride scene in ak on the first page of this forum. none of them have much in the way of good news for you.

gumbies need lovin' too

greetings from alaska....

84532? looks like the zip for moab utah......i love alaska, but surely do miss southern utah. i'm not athletic enough fer catching big air, but it seems like that sort of thing could catch on up here sometime in the not too distant future, if it's done right and if there are enough dedicated folks who want it. lots of potential at alyeska ski resort. have a look here-http://akspokes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46.... are you thinking of moving up or just visiting?
    Last edited by mybrainhurts; 06-08-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0