rides 2/18-2/23- Mtbr.com

Thread: rides 2/18-2/23

is buachail foighneach me

rides 2/18-2/23

i've booked my flights for susitna, and will be spending a few extra days up there to soak it all in. i would love to get some rides in during the week following the race. knik glacier, coastal trail, or any others in the area. overnight trips would be great, but day trips or even several hour rides just as good. if anyone has any days off work during that time, and would be willing to show an out of stater around, post up or pm me.

i have a chubby bike, karate monkey with 26x3s. i won't have studded tires, but enjoy playing around on the ice without them.

thanks!

-sean

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    i've booked my flights for susitna
    If I have time off I'd be glad to do some rides with ya. Send a pm to akdeluxe, I think he may have the time off you're planning on.

Rando
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

FatBike Fiend

I'm game but don't shoot me

Finally getting caught up on bike orders so should have more free time around then, pm me when you get into town. Knik Glacier, anyone?
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member

Mee too!

Hey guys, I'm coming up from Idaho for my first Su100 with my buddy Dave in Driggs. But I'm taking the opposite approach and coming in the week before.

Every pic I've ever seen of the Knik Glacier ride is awesome. I would love to join or get the directions for the Knik Glacier ride. So like what are the objective dangers of riding near/on the glacier??

I'd love to meet up with the locals if anyone is so inclined...

Chris E.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    If there is anyone not doing the Susitna 100, I would be game to go to the Knik for an overnight trip next weekend, I was going to go this weekend, decided to head south where it will be alot warmer.

is buachail foighneach me
    alright, sorry about bringing the slush with me from new jersey. does anywhere in the girdwood to palmer area look like it'll be ridable for an overnight to somewhere scenic? tomorrow night maybe? i'mgoing to be extending my trip by a day, so i would like to be around for frigid bits and the start of the ultra.

Members who have read this thread: 0