Ride on Sunday- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ride on Sunday

Wood chips are stupid

Ride on Sunday

Will start at Hilltop at about 10:30 in the morning. Plan on riding some Hillside singletrack and then maybe some paved trail stuff. TKCT is a possibility as well. Should be well packed,except for some of the Tank Trail singletrack.

akdeluxe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Rover's was pretty sweet today. No horse tracks yet. Got first (bike) tracks on Brown Bear...that was interesting. First time riding that in the snow. Curious to see how Endo's would handle that. I was happy for my aggro lugs for clearing those obstacles. Think I would have had a lot more trouble with the low-traction fat tires. Brown bear was a fun challenge and lower part of Black bear was nicely packed. No problems with 2.7s today.

Anyone know a way to get to the top portion of Black Bear without A)riding up it or B) trespassing on the sacred ski trails?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Tank Trail plowed

Just got back from an early morning ride from Service. Tank Trail is plowed, good for all tires. Single track ski-jouring trails east side of Basher Road plenty packed, probably ok for non-Endo's. FNBP dog mushing trails still a bit soft, best with Endo's. Tour of Anch trail super fast for all tires.

Alaska Turner Mafia

It was a really good ride

I was looking forward to a social ride and really hoping more riders would show up. I haven't had a chance to chat with the likes of Adam, Mike, Manny, Brian, Carlos, Tim and Maura for quite some time while riding. You guys need to get out more often!

Anyway.....despite the fresh snow, we found there was still good riding to be had. There was a fresh grooming effort underway on the Moose Ridge Trail around the bog, and it was a bit soft yet, so rather than trench it up we stayed off and decided to give it some time to set.

The Tour Trail, Salmon Run, and Moose Track were all a blast. They've been seeing enough skier traffic to make them easily rideable. Rover's and Moose Meadows are great too. Get some!

Rando
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Members who have read this thread: 0