Ride Su100 course- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ride Su100 course

Is anyone up for actually riding the Su100 course while conditions are this good?
    I'm thinking Sat with an overnight to watch the dogs come by on Sunday, or just a one day blitz. There's a little snow in the forecast on Sunday, so.....
    I'll call Eaglesong to see if the trail to them and on out to the river is still in.
    Let me know if anyone wants to go.
    Pat

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

I was just thinking the same thing

unfortunatly I have a job now, we opened our shop (Backcountry Bicycles) in Palmer on Monday so I will be working on Saturday. If you make it thru Palmer stop by.

Tony

Feb 2007
    wow, this is really tempting. I can't walk right now and I don't have a bike right now but if conditions hold I won't have to walk and if Jill hurries up and gets to McGrath and back to Anchorage suddenly I would have a bike to ride. Sunday or Monday would be a lot more likely for me, if the weather cooperates any chance you'd be willing to hold off until then?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

??

I have Pierre here now possibly until Sat. and he doesn't want to ride, so I'll wait until he leaves before heading out there, whenever that is.
    I'll keep this site posted on my plans,
    Pat

Feb 2007
    tell pierre i'm sorry he had to scratch also. would have been nice if i could have made it up to puntilla so we could have flown out together, but just after I saw him last (just before the steps) things got really bad for me and i had to turn back to finger.

anyway, it'd be great if you could post your ride plans once they're set.

Jan 2006

Hi to Pierre

Hey Pat,

Can't that boy find his way to Nome? Hope he is OK and recovering from whatever made him leave the trail.

I would love to go with you this weekend - but our boys State hockey tourny is this weekend and there's no missing that.
    Are you available during the week? Maybe we can get in a ride during the week.
    What is your tele# I'd like to call and possibly hook up with you and Mr Oster before he leaves.

Take Care,
    John

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Meet Pierre

We're having a Meet-N-Greet Pierre at Speedway Friday eve starting around 5:30pm. Stop by and vent your frustrations out on him yourselves. I'm not his message taker....
    He's leaving Sat morning, so Kathy and I are planning to ride out from Point Mac after that and camp somewhere. Plan on meeting at the confluence of Big Su and Yentna rivers to see the dogs heading to Nome.
    See you tomorrow night or out on the trail.
    Pat

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No ride for Pat

Kathy and I are bagging the Su100 course ride in favor of something closer. The weather looks sketchy/warm and I only want to make that drive if it's bomber. The trails around ANC are still bomber and good enough for me.
    See you guys tonight at Speedway????
    Pat

Members who have read this thread: 0