Ride Partner sometime in Aug- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ride Partner sometime in Aug

Hey Bros!! May be coming up to visit my dad in Anchorage in Aug. Would like to get in some good riding. I was up there two summers ago and rode a bunch of trail behind his house, south fork rim, powerline, and few other names I dont remember. I also rode the ski trails at hilltop, and the Cresent lake trail. Had a great time, but was scared to death most of the time that a bear would snatch me off my bike. Never saw one though. I would like to do some of the better rides but dont want to venture into the backcountry bymyself. Would any of you guys be willing to hook me up. I am a very capable rider and can fix most probs on the bike if need be, like I said Your environment kind of scares me. I would definetly like to ride Lost Lake or Resurection pass, or any other that yall would reccomend.

I will be coming up from Louisiana so I want to see some high country views!!!

If any of you guys work at Home Depot, that is where my pops works. He lives up on a mountainside around a road named stroganauf (sp?)

Thanks in advance for any responses. Oh yea, where to rent a nice bike??

Jan 2004
    Sure, just post on the forum when you get here..
    I think Alaska Mountain Bike Source has rentals.. here's their toll free # 888-989-8844 and their email is [email protected]

WaveSailr, ****in-eh!!
    Jul 2004
    I live in Seward and can take you on the Lost Lake Trail. Just lemme know when you get here and lets Ride!

[email protected]

The Seward Bike Shop rents bikes in this area. 907-224-2448, No web site.

Rob.

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

Arctic Bike Club has some rides while you are in town

[QUOTE=mtbkendall]Your environment kind of scares me. I would definetly like to ride Lost Lake or Resurection pass, or any other that yall would reccomend.
    QUOTE]

The Arctic Bike Club's (http://www.arcticbike.org) touring division is doing rides a couple times a week throughout August. Depending when you arrive in Anchorage, Resurrection Pass (August 1st), Juneau Falls (Aug 7th), Lost Lake (Aug 8th), and several other rides during the weekend and mid-week. The mid-week rides are on Tue/Thur 7-9pm rides that occur in the Anchorage area.

Most people that show up on the rides are relatively capable riders but occasionally you get a very wide range of skill levels on a ride and the pace can vary greatly depending on that. If its a large enough group I guess they will split up to make it more enjoyable for everyone (though I haven't seen this happen yet but I guess it does happen). Also be sure to check out the descriptions on the website and call the ride line to get the car pool locations etc.

Christopher