Ride Lake Louise- Mtbr.com
    Bill M

Ride Lake Louise

Kathi M and I drove to Lake Louise Thursday for a little cool weather riding. Since the Hippy Van is a little touchy to start in the cold we rented a cabin at Lake Louise Lodge so we could plug in. We rode Thursday afternoon until 8:00 pm without seeing another human. Friday we rode up Lake Louise to Susitna Lake and saw 2 locals on machines. It was overcast and the light was super flat. Made riding the big lakes like flying the bike in the clouds. This was especially the case friday morning after 3 inches of new snow fell over wind drift on the lake.We just felt our way along trying to visualize a horizon to keep us upright.
    Great riding and there are over 300 miles of groomed interconnected trails between there and Eureka. It was our first trip there but sure not the last.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Great pics ! Sounds like a real nice ride. I had been wondering if anyone rode that lake. I might have to see if I can make it up there sometime this winter.Maybe I will PM you for some pointers.

mtbr member
    nice, walrus-class snotscicles.... and Bill, I know that thermometer (fun meter?) is not on your bike..

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Caveman
    world class snotsicle bill!

Bill M

Not on my Bike!

No that fun meter is not on my bike. Kathi does however need to know how much fun she's having. It is a great place to ride and train and the drive is nice too. Happy to share what we learned.
    What the snotcicle pic doesn't show is the snow drift above my ear band on top of my bald head. Its all part of a super secret hydration system I am working on.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Beautiful pic above!

is buachail foighneach me
    looks like a blast, but did you two purposely line up your tires(same position on both bikes) in the third pic? or just really odd coincidence?

Bill M

Just the way they rolled up there.

Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    looks like a blast, but did you two purposely line up your tires(same position on both bikes) in the third pic? or just really odd coincidence?
    Imagine that! I hadn't noticed but No Posing just coincidence..

mtbr member
    Wow! How do you notice that stuff.

is buachail foighneach me
    the bike with rim braking surfaces looked like the tires were narrower(optical illusion due to the rim braking surface), so i was looking to see if they were endo's or gazzas.
    Last edited by sean salach; 01-29-2008 at 08:42 AM.

mtbr member
    I'm not really sure if this one works. It just always seems to stay in the red...

Ologist
    I love riding up there. There are so many trails and the the topography is fantastic as you move west towards Eureka. The Little Nelchina and Nelchina are great areas to ride. The groomed trails are usually in fantastic shape and most trails are groomed. There are also a plethora of secret little single tracks (single snowmachine). Riding is really good well into April.

Bill M

photo editor

the bike with rim braking surfaces looked like the tires were narrower(optical illusion due to the rim braking surface), so i was looking to see if they were endo's or gazzas.
    I was thinking you either are or should be a photo editor to catch such detail. Actually the rims with the braking surface (Kathi's Bike) are Large Marge and the others are 82mm Remolino Sand Rims so the Endos look and are bigger on mine. I have to handicap her some way to keep up.

Aug 2004

All it means is...

...they both rode the same distance.

Got A Lust for Life...
    Great pics guys. I love it.
    I am immune to your disdain.

Members who have read this thread: 0