Resurrection Pass- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Resurrection Pass

I'm in AK for vacation. Been waiting out the rain here in Anchorage for the past two days. Heard a lot about Resurrection Pass.

I can't ride 80 miles, anyone have a suggestion about getting a ride back to the trailhead so we can ride it one way? I have space for 2 more bikes on my rack if anyone wants to shuttle it with us.

Oh, and what about the conditions of the trail? Will it be too muddy?

Maurice and Stacy

mtbr member

muddy!

It will be really muddy and a push fest if you try to go now it's been pouring for days here on the peninsula. I did a rain ride on my 29er with my wife and 2 friends on Oct 3 last year and I'll bet we pushed 7+ miles of mud and it sucked! We used Wildman's in Cooper Landing to shuttle our vehicle from Hope to the Cooper side very easy to deal with. If you decide to ride it be prepared to push alot take lots of pictures and watch out for bears.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Just rode the trail from Cooper Landing to Swan Lake yesterday, Thur. 7/29. Trail conditions were very good, weather was nice, few users. Almost ran into a black bear. Typical stuff.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Conditions

Thank you for the 7/29, 2010 update.

Quote Originally Posted by space49
    Just rode the trail from Cooper Landing to Swan Lake yesterday, Thur. 7/29. Trail conditions were very good, weather was nice, few users. Almost ran into a black bear. Typical stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    We were scouting next week's potential photo areas.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Photo Recon

Please PM me when you get back, thank you in advance !

Quote Originally Posted by space49
    We were scouting next week's potential photo areas.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    8/1/10evils Creek trail to Resurrection pass and back to Coopers Landing.
    Wet and Muddy!!!

Stacy and I hooked up with the Derek and Catriona(sp?)from CycleLogical - Homer, AK and rode the trails on 8/1/10. This was our first proper ride in AK and it was great. We had met a Scottish couple the previous day while hiking Exit Glacier that suggested we take the Devils Creek trail up and then descend to either Hope or Coopers. We picked Coopers as it was easier to work the shuttle with Derek.

We climbed to the junction and then went up to Resurrection just to check things out. We reversed direction and headed down to Coopers Landing. We were covered head to toe in mud by the time we finished but overall it was a great ride. overgrown in parts with lots of 'cow parsnip' but nothing nearly as awful as Russian Lakes (8/2/10).

Thanks again for all the info and suggestions
    maurice

Members who have read this thread: 0