resurrection oct 17- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

resurrection oct 17

heading to resurrection trail (or part of it) tomorrow if it remains without snow and isn't too slippery for safety. xing fingers. will report back. most likely this is the last weekend of the season to be able to do that trail short of doing it with snow on the ground.

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    So...how was it?
    Kevin Turinsky
    RUSA RBA - Alaska
    www.rusa.org
    http://alaskarandonneurs.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

good ass whoopin

It totally kicked by butt. I wasn't able to complete it and we had to back down after a few hours. Hill after hill with little time to recover left me anaerobic almost constantly and it wasn't long before I was just...done. Not just tired...or intimidated...I kept at it until I knew if we didn't turn around I'd be in trouble in some stupid way. I'd ride till I couldn't recover and stop and breath and continue up the next hill till I was spent and then do it again. It wasn't a huge surprise to me. I'm 58 and while I'm working hard to get into some semblance of shape, I'm not there yet. My son-in-law was having no problem, and we both knew it would be "iffy" for me, but it wasn't even close. But it was still fun and I hung in there till it was either turn around or die. If I can keep working out and get in -much- better shape I'd like to give it another shot next year. There were huge piles of bear **** every few hundred feet. I'll bet we saw 15-20 piles of grizzly scat. The trail was in great shape with the ground mostly frozen. It was the most wasted I've been in years, cause I definitely didn't want to give up but I also didn't want my son-in-law to have to dig a grave either. There was a bull moose on the valley across from us that entertained us with his calling. Perfect weather, good fun, and worth the time in spite of the outcome.

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    Sounds great! Yeah, I figured you hit the weather just perfectly. Glad to hear you had a great trip, and made it back alive. That was a choice little plum to pick off before the snow hits us.
    Kevin Turinsky
    RUSA RBA - Alaska
    www.rusa.org
    http://alaskarandonneurs.blogspot.com

mtbr member

Devil's Pass

Although the weather down to the pass was less than desirable today (sheets of rain and wind that pushed my jeep around like a matchbox car) Devil's Pass is still rideable...some areas on the trail were definitely more muddy than what is enjoyable; however, it was still a pretty good ride. Not too sure for how much longer though, as I was heading back down it started to snow...didn't seem like it would accumulate but you can see the snow line creep lower and lower down the mountains. Sunday should be good...if the forecast doesn't come true...

Members who have read this thread: 0