recovered litespeed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

recovered litespeed

are you or someone you know missing a litespeed mt. bike? contact me with a serial #, or identify its model and build. i would like to get this bike back to its right full owner. thanx -ryan

Jun 2003

That is nice of you...

You must have found it? I found a XXL Hardrock that was suspiciously being pushed into some trees by a kid about 5'4". As soon as he left the bike, I stole it back and called the Police. It turns out he had just been involved in a strong armed robbery, involving others.

I am sure that someone here knows the bike.

Thanks for taking the time to try to find the current owner.

mtbr member

Getting the word out

Would you like me to send an email to STA and the Arctic Bicycle Club? If so, please email your contact info to: [email protected]

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I know there was a Litespeed stolen from an ER Doc at Prov while he was at work. I've already forwarded this info his way. Hopefully it works out to be his ride. As I recall, it's a nice bike.

mtbr member

r.e. recovered lightspeed

not exactly found. i work construction in mountview. the bike was spotted several times in the area being ridden by someone whom it obviously didnt belong to. after a few seperate conversations the individual decided that he needed cash ( a fraction of the bikes value) more than he needed a bike. so i made an investment. hopefully we can return the bike to its owner. and if the stars align i may get my investment back. if not i still feel like it was the right thing to do. lets get the word out. thanx for the help. -ryan

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by ak greeff
    after a few seperate conversations the individual decided that he needed cash ( a fraction of the bikes value) more than he needed a bike. so i made an investment.
    Good work.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Jun 2003

Very nice.

I am sure that if the bike belongs to an ER doc, you will get what you paid for the ride.

mtbr member

done deal

well folks, its a rap. ivan, an e.r. doc from prov. called me today and described the bike to a t. he came by and picked it up this evening. thanx for getting the word out. -ryan

Jun 2003

did he tip?

Did he pay you back for the $?

mtbr member
    got my money back and a case of ipa.

Oct 2005
    do we know how the bike was stolen? was it taken out of his yard? off the car, back of the truck? mainly just curious, but always nice to know what not to do.

I once heard of a gal getting ready to head out to do the Fireweed 400, had her bike leaning against her house in a Turnagain neighborhood waiting for her ride at 6 am. Went back into the house for a minute when some thug walked up and took it. Her ride arrived about the same time and chased the guy down thru the neighborhood and reclaimed the bike. crazy. you never know i guess.

Also, take note of all the broken glass in the various kincaid parking lots. Lots of thieves out there.....

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by ak greeff
    got my money back and a case of ipa.
    You deserve it. It's rare to see a happy ending when a bike is stolen. Chill the beer and enjoy every sip.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

RXL
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

mtbr member
    it was stolen out of the ambulance bay at prov. as the bay door went up to let an ambulance in, two guys ran in and snatched the bike. my guess is that it was not locked, secured only by the closed door. but it sound to me like they guys new it was there, and had scoped the scene.

Members who have read this thread: 0