• 07-18-2008
    Valhalla
    Rear Derauilleurs Freezing?
    Anyone had any probs with their RD springs icing up in the winter? I heard that a few were having probs with SRAM's spring.
  • 07-18-2008
    jeff1962
    I have a Sram X7 on my pugs and have never had any problems. My winter ride times are anywhere between 1 and 3 hours, a few longer ones but no major epics. Many rides were in the single digit and below temperature catagory.
  • 07-18-2008
    nojoke
    My x-9 would be a lil gummy at 1st, but after a couple of run thru on the gears it would be ok. This was commuting back and forth to work in single digit and in the teens sometimes.
  • 07-21-2008
    Valhalla
    Sounds like a few have had probs with thee upper pulley on 2007/2008 X9s but not X.0 or Shimano.

I have a cheap X.0 I am going to use on my Fatback, but I also installed an XT shadow on my trailbike this spring and love it so I was in a bit of a quandary. Thanks for the responses.
  • 07-22-2008
    ickyickyptngzutboing
    A cheap XO? Wait... whaaaaat?
  • 07-22-2008
    Valhalla
    friend paid less than an X.9 on ebay and passed it on to me - god I love eBay!!
  • 07-22-2008
    Monsieur Genoux
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ickyickyptngzutboing
    A cheap XO? Wait... whaaaaat?

I once bought a bottle of Landy's XO for $35 at Gold Rush Liquor. At that price I regret not buying all that were on the shelf. Naturally, they were gone the next day.