race face cranks- Mtbr.com

Dec 2007

race face cranks

these are new! 94/58mm BCD,they were mounted on a display bike then removed. i need 46/36/26 or 46/34/24 chain ring combo. i bought these thinking i could use salsa rings (listed in qbp catalog) but they discontinued them. most compact rings go only up to 44t. 44/32/22 are to small for my commuter bike and lowering the front derailer to use these would make the derailer hit the chainstay. i would like to have them in silver, ramped and pinned, or black if someone could recommend a polisher here in town. i will have to throw these in the box for later or try and sell them otherwise.

really could use your help guys!!! thx,geo. i'll be watching post for replies, thx again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by georgejetson; 12-27-2007 at 12:10 AM.

The devil is an angel too
    Mar 2005
    I have a set of standard RaceFace cranks with rings, 46-36-26 (or is it 24?) They aren't new, though. If you are going to the NOI at Goose Lake Saturday, I can bring them and you can take a look at them.

Dec 2007
    thanks frozenk, i got these because i was looking for new ones, anno red or dark blue (they made both, the anno blue is dark like a king headset) so now i just need the rings. hi tim, i know your watching.

Alaska Turner Mafia

If you're happy with the cranks....

....keep them. I know there are larger rings out there that would fit. I just looked in my garage, and I have two brand new, in their packages, RaceFace 34T and 46T for the five arm compact pattern. There are also 24T out there, you may just need to look beyond just Salsa brand.

If the red cranks are really what you wanted for your bike, I could pass you a fair deal on my rings. They're black, ramped. Then you'd just have to look for a granny.

Let me know, Rando
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Dec 2007
    since this sounds almost to good to be true, are u sure these are for the compact 94/58mm bolt pattern??? yes i would be interested! double chk and let me know if they are and how much u want for them. i'm sure i could get them polished out somewhere, i'm watching!! thx,geo.you can also call me @ 907-301-7684, now! i'll be up for a while!

Beware of Doggerel

Are those 170s???

If those are 170s I'll trade you my silver Deus cranks/BB set for those cranks. From the pics I take it those are square taper compact drive turbines. My Deus are the new outboard bearing style bb/cranks with a non-compact 4 bolt pattern. Mine are 170s in silver with about a season and a half of riding on the cranks and about a season on the bearings which are Shimano XT.

I'll trade if you're interested.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by georgejetson
    are u sure these are for the compact 94/58mm bolt pattern?
    Well....this isn't my first rodeo son.....j/k

Yeah, like I said, compact, five arm, 34 and 46, ramps and pins. I've had them long enough that they are still labeled 8 spd, but it'll be no problem running them with 9 spd.

Just do some searching at different websites for the 58mm 24T granny. I know they exist too. Maybe Blackspire, FSA, Middleburn, or Profile Racing may be options. If not, I know Action Tec carry them in Stainless Steel for $7.50, that's a sure thing.

Oh, waddayasay $50 for both. The sticker was still on the middle ring for $32.95, I bet the big ring was close to that alone. That's more than fair for still being brand new.

Send me a pm and we'll take this offline.

Rando
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Dec 2007
    adam, these are 175mm and looks like i may find rings for them. thx anyway, geo.

Dec 2007

what a deal!

ENDORANDO

sent u a p/m. will wait for reply or call @ 907-301-7684 just looked at quality's catalog again, i can get a 34t and a 22t in silver. I'll take both of yours since you helped me out!
    Last edited by georgejetson; 12-27-2007 at 02:57 AM.

Dec 2007

chain rings

rando,

call me in the am @ 907-301-7684 for meet. it's 2 am and i'm out.
    thx for your help!!!! and the good deal! see you tomorrow/ today.
    geo. will be waiting for call.

Dec 2007
    anyone interested in some new red cranks w/ new black chain rings??
    46/34/24/ rings. need of another part forces sale!! i have about 250.00 in these now. plz let me know thx,geo. 907-301-7684

Members who have read this thread: 0