Quick question about some O'Malley trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Quick question about some O'Malley trails

Yesterday I hooked up the trailer and took my 2 year old son to the zoo. Just rode down Lake Otis and down O'Malley. On the way back I wanted to take some trails home. I grabbed Abbot Loop/Elmore north until it came to a dead end. A trail started right away, so I followed it. It ran right along the golf course and came out at Hanshew. The trail was riddled with hoofprints and horse piles. Question is - Are those trails multi-use or was I on a Equestrian only trail? I didn't see any other bikers or tire tracks.

Sean had a great time in the trailer. He was hootin' and hollering the whole time. At one point I took an exposed root at a bad angle and dumped the trailer on its side. I freaked out and righted it quickly anticipating a screaming son, but he was laughing and kept saying "Go, go daddy, go daddy." He's gonna be a Hillside Hooligan in no time!

mtbr member

Good job! Multi-use for sure......

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound197
    Yesterday I hooked up the trailer and took my 2 year old son to the zoo. Just rode down Lake Otis and down O'Malley. On the way back I wanted to take some trails home. I grabbed Abbot Loop/Elmore north until it came to a dead end. A trail started right away, so I followed it. It ran right along the golf course and came out at Hanshew. The trail was riddled with hoofprints and horse piles. Question is - Are those trails multi-use or was I on a Equestrian only trail? I didn't see any other bikers or tire tracks.

Sean had a great time in the trailer. He was hootin' and hollering the whole time. At one point I took an exposed root at a bad angle and dumped the trailer on its side. I freaked out and righted it quickly anticipating a screaming son, but he was laughing and kept saying "Go, go daddy, go daddy." He's gonna be a Hillside Hooligan in no time!
    If you can stand the smell..............ride 'em. Horses are allowed on Multi-use trails....multi is anyone! It's good that you are getting Sean going early. You will have a riding partner before you know it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thanks!

Thanks Dave. Good to know that I wasn't poaching a trail.

With Sean I figure if I can keep him interested in what I like doing I'll have a riding partner and fishing buddy until he leaves for college. The trick will be keeping him true to the XC and not going over to freeride/downhill. Even then, I guess it wouldn't be bad to have a little hucker in the house.

Different topic: Have you seen Eric's custom built Banshee at Pinnacle lately? The thing is a downhill monster! It's been sitting in the shop for almost two months now. Eric if you're watching this post, you better get it soon or Tony might "borrow" it from ya.

Thanks again Dave.