Question for AK Ken and Anc. Riders- Mtbr.com
    Beware of Doggerel

Question for AK Ken and Anc. Riders

Hey,

How is the snow pack/weather up there. I am thinking about heading up to Denali to ride the park road this weekend w/my wife. I heard that the first 30mi are now open to driving. Do you know if the road is clear for riding to polychrome or beyond?? How is the Denali H-Way?.

I used to go up there to ride every May on the weekend before Memorial Day but it seems like they are running the buses earlier the last few years and I have been out of state the first few weeks of May (this year included). So I'll either be up there next weekend or the weekend of May 22. Maybe we can meet up for a ride.

If anyone from Anchorage wants to join in on this trip, car-pool, share camping etc. drop me a line (by responding to this post or e-mailing me), the more the merrier. Depending on the group we usually do a mellow ride to Polychrome and back with lots of pictures and lots of eating along the way. Then if conditions allow ride the Denali H-Way the next day.
    Adam

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

count me in

i will need to find a dog sitter, but that should not be a problem- if its possible, i will give ballenger pass/syncline loop a try. I would like to find another venue to complete the triple crown of summer epic mt. bike adventure races.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Hey,

How is the snow pack/weather up there. I am thinking about heading up to Denali to ride the park road this weekend w/my wife. I heard that the first 30mi are now open to driving. Do you know if the road is clear for riding to polychrome or beyond?? How is the Denali H-Way?.

I used to go up there to ride every May on the weekend before Memorial Day but it seems like they are running the buses earlier the last few years and I have been out of state the first few weeks of May (this year included). So I'll either be up there next weekend or the weekend of May 22. Maybe we can meet up for a ride.

If anyone from Anchorage wants to join in on this trip, car-pool, share camping etc. drop me a line (by responding to this post or e-mailing me), the more the merrier. Depending on the group we usually do a mellow ride to Polychrome and back with lots of pictures and lots of eating along the way. Then if conditions allow ride the Denali H-Way the next day.
    Adam

Jan 2004
    Hey Adam--sorry I'm late seeing this.

The park road is indeed open to Teklanika, and the road opening crew is almost to Toklat, so you should be good to go.

Denali Highway opening crew is beyond Seattle Creek, so you can get a decent ride in there too if you like.

Ken

Members who have read this thread: 0