Pugsley Rentals and rides in Anchorage?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Pugsley Rentals and rides in Anchorage?

I'll be up in Anchorage from Dec 28 - Jan 1, and was planning to bring my Surly Pugsley along to do some riding. But I've heard a rumor that there is someplace you can rent a Puglsey in town? Anyone know if so, and where? I might consider renting instead of paying extra to bring mine on the plane and subjecting it to possible rough handling.

Also, it will be my first time in Anchorage (or Alaska for that matter). Would anyone be interested in going for a ride and showing a newbie some of your favorite trails? Or perhaps just suggesting some to try? I've done a fair amount of mountain biking, but have very little experience riding on snow and ice and such.

Thanks,

--Matt

Jul 2006
    Hey Matt you get a hold of pbasinger for the rental. As for when you are in town drop us a line and we will be more than happy to get you out and about.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aka bubba
    Hey Matt you get a hold of pbasinger for the rental. As for when you are in town drop us a line and we will be more than happy to get you out and about.
    Thanks. I sent a PM to pbasinger, and will post another message here once I am in town.

--Matt

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Arctic Cycles rents pugsleys by the day or weekend, and will deliver to your home or hotel. See their website http://arcticcycles.com. I just met him at our local bike shop, Paramount Bicycles, and will be renting from him myself next weekend.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I am in Anchorage now, and ended up bringing my Pugs with me.

Im planning to explore the city a bit today, and have plans for this evening. But at this point I am largely free from Sat - Tue, if anyone is interested in going for a ride, or has some suggestions for some good ones.

Im staying near the Spenard area, and at this point the bike is my only form of transport, but Im willing to ride longish distances, or consider renting a car.

Thanks,

--Matt

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I live near were you are just shot you a PM.

Jul 2006
    Matt I sent you my phone number in a PM give me a call. Manny

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Both the Puglsey and I arrived safely back in Seattle this morning. Just wanted to say I had fun up in Anchorage, and to thank everyone for suggestions, local information, ride offers, willingness to chat about fatbikes, etc. It was nice to get a chance to meet a bunch of you at the Frigid Bits race. Also, special thanks to Manny and Jeff for taking me out for some rides.

Sounds like the the New Years Day ride was fun. I got invited to do another ride out at Eklutna Lake, and since I had already spent quite a bit of time riding trails around town, decided to do that. It was a good ride, with some great scenery. It would have been fun to have been part of the fatbike parade though, too.

I'm thinking of heading back up to Alaska this summer for a couple months, so maybe I'll see some of you again then. Or if anyone gets down to the Seattle area, I'd be happy to show you some of the rides around here.

Happy New Year!

--Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0