Pugs PSI- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pugs PSI

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Pugs PSI

Hi, I ran this on the surly forum but it was suggested that I post it on this forum. I'm new to the pleasures of the Pugs. I'm curious to what pressures everyone is running their endomorphs? What pressures are people running in various conditions (powder, ice, groomed, rock gardens, sand, small buildings, whatever)? Are you running front different from back?

Jul 2006
    Some of the more experienced guys will chime in and be able to give you more insight from years of experience!

But I have run them as low as 5psi in some really soft powdery snow. At that low pressure you get some serious sidewall crinkle and pedal bob. On more hard pack stuff I go with 15 / 20psi depending on the trail and what I have loaded on the bike. In my opinion I think that tire pressure should compliment your gearing. Your best bet is too experiment and see what works best for you and your conditions.

No, that's not phonetic
    8psi rear, 6 front for soft stuff (snow, beach sand). Higher on harder surfaces.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat & Hairy
    Hi, I ran this on the surly forum but it was suggested that I post it on this forum. I'm new to the pleasures of the Pugs. I'm curious to what pressures everyone is running their endomorphs? What pressures are people running in various conditions (powder, ice, groomed, rock gardens, sand, small buildings, whatever)? Are you running front different from back?
    I consider 10psi to be about max pressure on these. As in 'riding pavement to the trailhead' pressure. I'll go as low as about 3psi in really soft or wind affected stuff, although it's kinda hard to measure 3psi. I just calibrated my hand to 'know' what 3psi feels like...

That didn't come out exactly the way I meant for it to...

MC

Caveman
    come on dude, every guy knows what 3 psi feels like, they just might not know that its 3 psi.

Members who have read this thread: 0