Pugs Makeover in Anchorage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Pugs Makeover in Anchorage

I finally got a Pugs for next winter. It's actually Pete B's old one, with a few modifications. John Evingson built a lightweight replacement fork; standard width and light hub shaved >1 pound. He also built a set of lightweight custom front and rear racks. All powdercoated black to match Pete's frame. See you on the trails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Could I get Johns contact info? I would love to get a set of racks for my pugs.Thats a great looking bike,anything is better than that purple that they had,mines red.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

evingson cycles email

[email protected]. John is great to work with. I also understand he will have a couple of his custom bikes on display at Speedway soon. John is rumored to have built a 28# fat bike for a local rider; should also be on display soon.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks ! If you are interested in doing any beach riding this summer let me know .I am planing to go down to clam gulch before to long. Would be nice to have someone tag along.

Caveman
    just curious, Why don't the braces on the racks extend to the lower eyelets? They'd be stronger.. does it interfere with the disc calipers? ( for light winter racing loads they look great though )

Looks awesome, a stealth pugs if there is such a thing!

Members who have read this thread: 0