Prospect Heights/Glen Alps' Powerline Trail groomed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Prospect Heights/Glen Alps' Powerline Trail groomed

NSAA groomed the Powerline/Gasline loop from Prospect Heights to Glen Alps Saturday night. They also continued up valley from Glen Alps towards Powerline Pass another 3 miles. Round trip 13 miles from Prospect Heights with a healthy climb to the turnaround. Descent is way smoother and more fun than summer. Get it while it's good.

Oct 2005
    since this notice is posted on a bike forum i assume we can bike this route, or is it supposed to be ski only....??

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

All of those trails are multi-use

Quote Originally Posted by William D
    since this notice is posted on a bike forum i assume we can bike this route, or is it supposed to be ski only....??
    All of the trails in the post above are considered multi-use. The NSAA grooms a number of multi-use trails through the winter. NSAA does not normally groom up here, but since it is the only good ski area, they groom from time to time.

Oct 2005
    that's awesome, thanks. i'll check out the trail and will be repsectfull of the set-tracks.

Wood chips are stupid

smart

Quote Originally Posted by William D
    that's awesome, thanks. i'll check out the trail and will be repsectfull of the set-tracks.
    Give it a day or so to set. Trail use will be good for all.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    No setting required... Trail was hard as a rock last night for Endomorphs. Snow Cat/Weirwolfs would do fine as well. Even all the foot traffic barely made a dent. Not your typical Kinkaid courduroy...

Members who have read this thread: 0