Powerline Pass to Indian- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Powerline Pass to Indian

Anyone ridden from the Pass down to Indian lately? I last rode it 2 years ago and the top section was pretty torn up. I can't imagine that it's improved any but you never know.

Jul 2006
    Piece of cake on a 29'er

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Yeah, yeah...I'll finish getting it together one of these days.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Snow at the top

It looks like there are 2 snow crossings to get up to the pass including the last pitch. Usually they are not too bad, but not for the faint of heart even with good kick-steps. I just saw them from the lake earlier this week . . . .

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Yeah, I saw that eralier this week too. Not too concerned about that. Just checking to see if the downhill side is even enjoyable. Got some friends interested in riding it next weekend and I'm trying to decide it it's worth tagging along.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Tried this on friday. I walked the snow section to get over and took a peek. The backside looked ok but climbing the pass section with a bike seemed sketchy

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Powerline Pass traversed July 6

I did the Powerline Pass loop today 40 miles house to house. Rideable all the way to the pass, except 1 small snow patch near the pass, easily kick steps across the snow. Descent to Indian loose as usual. Walked a couple steep sections. Lower trail through the woods was a bit wet, especially near the Indian Trailhead which was very sloppy, streams running down the trail. Nice tailwind on the highway ride back home.

Members who have read this thread: 0