POLO Sat. Night- Mtbr.com

Thread: POLO Sat. Night

Jul 2006

POLO Sat. Night

Polo game is back on and scheduled for Sat. night at 7:30 over at Tikishla Park
    Last edited by aka bubba; 12-21-2007 at 03:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Count me in but "parking lot"? Why not one of the seldomly used rinks? I checked out the "Scott Gomez" rink (Tikishla Park in AIrport Heights, ~.5 mile from Goose Lake) the other night and it was clean, lighted, and no one was on it. I think there may be an hourly "rental fee" but who was ever collected a rental fee for an outdoor rink???

Jul 2006
    We picked the parking lot because it was lit and open, and we could not find a rink that was consistently lighted. I am all for the rink if it is available I edited the previous post showing the new location at Tikishla Park
    Last edited by aka bubba; 12-21-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Grillin' & Chillin'

Tikishla Park

In case anyone might have some confusion, the rink at Tikishla Park is thee Scotty Gomez rink. That has been there forever. We used it for East High School Hockey Team practice way back in the 60's and 70's.

I should be able to make that session myself. Excellent!
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Ahh yes, Tim, I see you've become a witness for the Bordello. One of my current faves.

The only thing with the rinks are that you kind of have to establish presence first. If dudes are already playing hockey then we are kind of SOL on that. Your call. Personally, I'd prefer the rink but there are no guarantees.

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiMonkee
    If dudes are already playing hockey then we are kind of SOL on that. Your call. Personally, I'd prefer the rink but there are no guarantees.
    Now you tell us.
    No worries if all else fails it's just a short bike ride over to the University Parking lot

Grillin' & Chillin'

POLO - Abbott Loop Elementary?

Here's a photo of the rink at Abbott Loop Elementary that I took just this evening. The only users that were there were some kids smoking pot down in the creek bed that flows by the rink. Went by there a bunch of times today and didn't see a soul out there. Notice the nice freshly plowed surface. It's actually quite grippy

Who's the commander of Polo to make a command decision as to where we will ultimatedly meet? Is that something the moderator of this forum can handle? Ha Ha!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

mtbr member
    Lets just decide on something. I don't think it would be much fun/ possible to play on a rink that is recently hot mopped, but thats just me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I don't think it would be much fun/ possible to play on a rink that is recently hot mopped
    Ahh, but it would be fun to watch. Fo' sho'

That concern rules out the Inlet View rink but I don't about the rest. My vote is Tikishla rink b/c if it's not available, it's 5 minute ride to Goose Lake or Bubba's original location.

Dec 2007
    ok, some just make a call and put up a map incase i can make it
    thx,geo. and why are we all up so late looking @ the forum.

Jul 2006
    Lets just start with Tikishla rink and if that does not work out we will do the University

mtbr member
    Headed out there right now with the bats and some more players

Members who have read this thread: 0