Pogis- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pogis

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Pogis

Anyone know where to get them, my google searches have come up empty.
    thanks

Wood chips are stupid

Shop in town

Paramount always carries then in the winter. See them.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Diaskeuast
    You can also get cheap versions at any snowmachine shop. I use a pair with a big "Polaris" logo on them, but they work fine for guys like me who don't stay out in winter for more than a few hours, and prefer to stay inside when the temp drops below -18 or so.

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timwoody
    prefer to stay inside when the temp drops below -18 or so.

<br>I just could not pass up the opportunity!
    Last edited by aka bubba; 10-01-2007 at 08:35 AM.

The devil is an angel too
    Mar 2005
    REI is got some too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Mark at Wildfire Designs was making some nice ones last season but I don't think they made it onto his website. Give him a call.
    Eat Food. Chop Wood. Ride Bike.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I got a sweet set of handmade ones (yellow with reflective strip) last season from a gentleman that works at BP. I just e-mailed him to see if he has any this year. I'll pass on any info I get.

I can't remember if they were $45 or $60. Something like that...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Oh my, holy crap, i forgot to mention that I am not local, I am actually in NJ and was hoping for some online distributors.

Will check what has been posted, thanks everyone.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by heythorp
    Oh my, holy crap, i forgot to mention that I am not local, I am actually in NJ and was hoping for some online distributors.
    I feel a little dirty and ashamed to admit I have a snowmachine supply catalog on my desk, but I recently stumbled across one and kept it so I could look for stuff that would work for winter biking. You can get the cheap pogies I mentioned from www.denniskirk.com. Search for "snow paws" -- they have two models.

(And, strangely, they sell electric throttle/thumb warmers; I thought snowmachiners' throttle thumbs were the only body part that might get enough exercise to stay warm. I'm afraid to look at what electronic implements they might sell for other warming other anatomical regions.)

And this forum's own mshea has a bad-ass pair of camo-print pogies you can get from www.cabelas.com in case you want to sneak up on any deer or conceal yourself among NASCAR fans in autumn.

mtbr member
    I'm trading in those ugly camouflage things for something a little flashier. I'll unveil them at one of Rio's Frigid Bits rides.

I'm from Utah
    Those cabela's "ATV handlebar mits" come in black, also. I've used them bare-handed on a bike down to 10 degrees. They're also great at keeping hands dry in wet weather. You can't beat that for $19.99.

Link here

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the help everyone. I figured you folks up in the great north west would have an answer for me

Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timwoody
    (And, strangely, they sell electric throttle/thumb warmers; I thought snowmachiners' throttle thumbs were the only body part that might get enough exercise to stay warm. I'm afraid to look at what electronic implements they might sell for other warming other anatomical regions.)

LOL they do sell thermal garments at REI the last time I was there but not sure on quality though if you start a fire from thermal undergaments your screwed unless you carried a spare

Members who have read this thread: 0