Pogey instructions or pattern- Mtbr.com
    @adelorenzo

Pogey instructions or pattern

Hey All,

My wife want to make a set of Pogies for her snowbike, I was wondering if there are any patterns or DIY instructions out there. It's not possible to buy a pair, as she is making hers with moosehide and wolf fur.

Regards,
    Anthony

is buachail foighneach me
    i'm working on my third set, little by little, right now. as eric mentioned in another thread, box construction is the best way to add some sturdiness to them. for a pattern, take a trash bag and use that to figure out where you want them to be. it's cheap. then figure out, based on shape, what you think the patterns will be. cut them out of trash bags. maybe glue some paper in there to give them some form. test fit and trim or cut new ones to find the shape that works for you.

*remember to sew a little loop of cord or something into the bottom, outside corner(inside the pogie), to loop up to your barend.

*i doubt stiffness will be aproblem with moosehide, but if it is, and you're making multiple layers of insulation, window screen material makes an excellent stiffener. i used aluminum to stury up my last set.

*try to incorporate room in there to put stuff like gloves, some food, etc.

*make sure the opening is big enough to slide over the barend and brake lever/shifters.

*leave a good amount of room outside of the barends.

Caveman
    Anthony,
    is there anyway I could get my hands on some spare wolf ruff?

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    Anthony,
    is there anyway I could get my hands on some spare wolf ruff?
    Not sure what the wife has lined up for her project, but I will certainly look into it and let you know.

Regards,
    Anthony

Ologist
    The pogies I got for my B-day use that plastic bundle strapping (like from a newspaper bundle or shipping box) along the top seams to add rigidity. I also just discovered the bar end loop inside mine last night.

Members who have read this thread: 0