Played hooky went for a ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Played hooky went for a ride

I'm working on a cabin all the way out in Willow right now and I had to run a couple of errands this morning and had to be home early anyway so I skipped work and took a little ride around Long lake (part of the Kepler-bradly lakes trail sys.) and out through the Crevasse-moraine trail system.

I have rode around the Kepler trails a few times last fall, but never went all the way through to the C-M trails so this was a first for me.

someone the other day asked about trail conditions so I brought a camera!

Just getting there was part of the fun I live just south of town so its a short ride through the atv trails alongside the road to get there.

took the road leading to Long lake rather than starting out at Kepler or Matanuska lake

I guess I'm not the first one to be riding through this year...second is ok though

good portions of the trail are nice and firm little to no ice or snow

mtbr member

Nice view of the butte from the back most edge of the gravel pit...bet this land is going to be worth some bucks some day when they are done sucking the gravel out.

Another trail shot. somewhere about halfway through.

Some of the icy spots...dont petal over the ice BTW just keep rolling and keep one foot down and scoot through...not so bad. Try to find where I stomped these holes in the ice

This place confused the F* out of me for a few minutes because none of the trail maps seem to have north pointed out.

What a good BB should look like when your done riding!

Overall it took me almost three hours to make the loop from my house and back I wasn't in much of a hurry, stopped for pics, wasn't 100% sure of my direction at least 1/3 of the time and had fun the whole way .

Some portions of the trail were a little slick but not entirely unmanageable most of the slicker areas were concentrated around the thicker patches of spruce trees and such.

NormalNorm
    Funny, I played hookey today too. The weather was just too nice here.....Spring is finally here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Great pics! I've done that ride a few times and with any luck, I'll be doing it again in June or July when I get back up there.

Members who have read this thread: 0