petersville ride report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

petersville ride report

went out today on the groomed snowmachine trails for a test ride on my new uma 29er's. the trail takes off from the campground / parking lot at mile 121.5 parks highway. from there you can take the east west express trail that will connect to petersville road west of the forks roadhouse then follows the road back to the kroto creek parking lot at mile 14 petersville rd. also from 121.5 there is a trail that goes north paralleling the chulitna river to mile 130 then crosses the highway and heads west i'm not sure where it ends up but I think the tokositna river.there is also a trail out of 121.5 that drops down on the river and runs down to talkeetna.every thing that I was on was completely rideable. the groomer had just been out a couple hours before me so there were some soft spots where he was trying to cut the tops off some of the moguls and fill the dips but nothing you couldn't pedal threw.
    terry

is buachail foighneach me
    weirwolves? racing ralphs? exis? how did the rim/tire combo perform?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    exi's, I'm waiting for Greg to get the racing ralph's. I was happy with the way they worked I was riding with 20# pressure but I think if it was softer I could easily go 15

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hey Terry

Good to know you're still out there. I'm hurtin' for a good ride but something different. Can you make up a 100+mile loop with those trails of yours?
    Pat

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    pat good to here from you. I don't know just how long the trails are but will try to find out this week. I did talk to the owner of kenny creek lodge today and he said that they are connecting the east-west express trail with the tokasitna trail. that means that you could park at 121.5 ride out the east-west over to tokasitna back east on the tokasitna to where it crosses the highway at 130 mile then south on the chulitna bluffs trail to 121.5. I know the guy who does the grooming so I will see if I can get a mileage for you. Might also be able to come up with someplace in town where they have maps of the trail system
    terry

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Pat I talked to Randy he does the grooming on the trails he said the loop I told you about is all in. they are going to be working on one section that is still kind of narrow for his snowcat this weekend. he told me he didn't have a odometer on the groomer but that loop would be somewhere between 50 & 60 miles. if you go to curryridgeriders.com under trail notes you can find a google earth pic with the trails drawn in. they also have a maps section with gps waypoints but I'm not computer smart enough to open it
    terry

Members who have read this thread: 0