Peters Creek- Mtbr.com

Thread: Peters Creek

Wood chips are stupid

Peters Creek

Ride up P.Creek Valley.Around noon thirty. Fat for sure.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

don't forget your clothes

Please try to remember your clothes this time, its much too cold for just a speedo. I'mout for a bit, my rib is broken. Our ride Sunday was short, but we had a nice time, wish you coulda joined us.

Ak29
    Singletrack Advocates Anchorage, Alaska
    Susitna 100 "Race Across Frozen Alaska"

Jul 2006
    Ak29 was the trail broken in already? How far did you guys get? I am thinking on heading out that way some time in the next week. Looking for some feedback before I comit too that drive.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Su 100 trail

Queen Bee and I started at the Pt McKenzie General Store and tried to ride the Susitna course to Flathorn Lake and then back on the seismic lines. There was a couple inches of light snow over ice and we used 3.7 Surly tires and they were fine for Sunday's conditions. We took the course route to the Little Su (easy) and there was no trail on the other side of the river. I had broken a rib on a fall in my yard before we even left town so neither of us were too excited to be adventuous and ride on unbroken trail. On the way back, we did a short detour on the return trail from Flathorn and it appears you could easily ride to Flathorn Lake and from there who knows. You should go out there on an epic ride and report back to us on how far you made it.

Ak29
    Singletrack Advocates Anchorage, Alaska
    Susitna 100 "Race Across Frozen Alaska"

Wood chips are stupid

skills needed

Peters Creek is ok right now. Up to the top of the major climbs the surface is pretty good. When you drop into the singletrack(second gate) it becomes more difficult. The tread is narrow and sorta firm but cambered in a number of directions then soft on the edges An experienced rider will do ok on this section of trail. I was able to keep it rolling on the flat and downhill parts,but on the steeper rises(this trail is up and down forever),I was pushing a bit. I was pushing a Pugs. It looks like it has seen mostly skier and doggie traffic. Some rabbits too. Not a bad ride. It would be really good practice for the Susitna. Ridable,but not easy. Not long from now,it will be really good! Perfect for a gear shake down/overnighter.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Members who have read this thread: 0