Perfect winter trails!- Mtbr.com
    @adelorenzo

Smile Perfect winter trails!

Things over here in the Yukon are just awesome right now. It drops down to -15 C every night and the trails set up rock solid. By the time I get on the bike after work it is above freezing, the trails are lightning fast and it's comfortable to ride in a couple of thin layers. It's been like this for over a week, with the forecast more of the same through Monday.

Needless to say, I've been taking full advantage of it. I didn't drop the coin on a Pugsley to let it sit in the garage. It's light until 9ish so I can go on long rides after work, doing 15-25 km of trails most nights.

My wife had the camera down south for a while, but it's back so I'll try to get some pics.

How are trails over in Alaska?

I'm from Utah
    Dang, Anthony, you're making that $120 ferry ticket to Skagway seem more and more worth it.

Ferry ticket and 180 km ride into Whitehorse on a Pugsley. Still worth it.

Still have that spare bedroom? :-)

@adelorenzo
    Wow... Riding to Whitehorse on a Pugsley would be truly hardcore! It would also be a spectacular way to travel through the White Pass.

Actually, you could probably ride snow machine trails from Carcross to Whitehorse. Maybe not the whole way then definitely from the Annie Lake Road, which would be about a 40 km ride and save you more than that of on-road travel.

You're always welcome at our place! Weekend riding conditions promise to be nothing short of spectacular.

@adelorenzo

Some pics

Did about a 35 km ride tonight, plenty of hills. Temps were 4 C with a blazing sun when I set out at 6:00, they had dropped about six degrees when I got back around 9:00.

Trails are still rock hard. The Pugsley barely leaves tire marks. No one has been out here since the weekend, except me a couple of times.

This was near the start of my ride:

Half way up the biggest climb.

Almost home. Still enough light for a picture at 9:00 p.m.

A few more photos can be found here.

Members who have read this thread: 0