Notice of Public Hearing - FNBP- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

Notice of Public Hearing - FNBP

Gentlemen, I rode down Tudor and saw a bunch of signs tonight regarding a Notice of Public Hearing for a re-plat of the 48th Avenue extension area. You can review it here, and make comments:

http://munimaps.muni.org/website/htm...?case=S11678-1

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuq
    Gentlemen,
    Way to win women over to mountain biking....

Aug 2004
    Let's see, how can I say this nicely?

The women that are going to pursue this sport, or even be interested in it, are typically not the ones who would let one word on one obscure MTB forum disuade them. They are not that fragile or easily offended. Instead they're out here riding with us guys (notice we're not gentlemen anymore) and enjoying themselves, leaving the brittle attitudes to others who feel the need to correct strangers.

Jul 2006
    Nanuq I do not know you from Adam but that last post of yours is about as ignorant as it gets. Like the saying goes "If the shoe fits wear it"

Instead they're out here riding with us guys .
    What makes you think she is not! Pretty narrow minded to think she is not. After all why would she even comment if she wasn't.

They are not that fragile or easily offended.
    Trust me she is not! She can certainly take care of herself.

(notice we're not gentlemen anymore)
    Why should she? That is the difference between women and men. She recognizes us for who we are but why can we not recognize them for who they are? Why is that?

It is about time we as gentlemen (if you can call yourself a gentlemen) recognize that we do have women that are indeed in the thick of things with us all and do care. We should not be ignorant and assume! After all you know what they say about assuming…………… So when a woman corrects you be a man about it will you! And not open your mouth and insert foot.

Manny
    Last edited by aka bubba; 07-14-2008 at 09:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Gentlemen

Thanks, Manny! Good to see you tonight and great job in the 400! jill

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    gentleman=manny

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    gentleman=manny
    Wow! No comment

Bubba...get off your high-horse...uncalled for. Who are you trying to impress here?

Aug 2004
    Manny, your reply is so full of contradictions it's just breathtaking. You tell me not to assume and then you chastise me and call me narrow-minded after you assume my behavior? You tell me women recognize us for who we are but we don't recognize them for who they are? Is that not... more assumptions? You assume I'm not a gentleman? I'm ignorant? It's just... breathtaking.

My entire point was that I do not need to be corrected for my speech. The term "gentlemen" is a colloquialism. It's called being friendly in a room full of friends and casual acquaintances.

God forbid I should start a thread with "Hey Guys" because then all the gentlemen here would take me to task for not trying to win them over to mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    To get this back on track, what exactly does all that legalese mean? I'm assuming this is referring to the clear cut that quickly appeared runnning parallel to Tudor between Elmore and ___. I've been wondering what the deal with that is but haven't heard anything. Are they slowly carving off chunks of FNBP? Is there really a need for a 48th street extension?

Aug 2004
    I looked at the Muni maps and that project has been on the books for quite some time... the "48th Avenue" plan. I was as surprised as you when I first rode out of the Tour Trail and saw the clearcut.

The land was set aside for "public lands and institutions" years ago, and now they're using it. I've read they plan to create access to the lots along Tudor on its south side to support a new crime lab, stuff like that. Tudor Center Drive will be cut through to 48th... wiping out that piece of the Tour Trail. The Tour Trail and the dog mushing trails will be moved to share an underpass beneath the 48th ave extension.

Hats off to Parks and Rec, so far they're the only ones sticking up for our trail needs:

"Parks and Recreation understands that, in accordance with the above
    referenced plans, the area south of E. 48th Ave. (Tracts 5-7) will be
    designated for recreation purposes. These areas are traversed by a number
    of existing and/or planned trails (multi-use, cross-country skiing, sled dog
    mushing) that should be preserved and accommodated in the event of
    development or other changes to the subject area."

Jul 2008
    I'd show up, but I guess only gentlemen are invited. Of course if you invite only gentlemen, you probably will have very low attendance so you might want to expand your invitation to include guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0